• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO's National Deadlift Challange!

The records for raw are
82.5kg - 90kg = 325kg
90.01kg - 100kg = 230kg

These are the current records, they may get smashed on the day.... The 100kg class defiantly will :D

I had a national record on bench with 102.5kg lol. I take most of the records with a grain of salt to be honest.

In 2 years, it should be good though as more and more strong raw lifters are getting involved.

I had a national record on bench with 102.5kg lol. I take most of the records with a grain of salt to be honest.

In 2 years, it should be good though as more and more strong raw lifters are getting involved.

Its good right now. In the last 2 years there has been a shift towards Raw.

Yeah I know, Im talking more from a records side of things though.

In 2 years, all the records should be respectable. I mean, I shouldnt have been anywhere near a record at 82.5kg with a 102.5kg bench.
The record is now around 155kg in the 3 lift I think. Much more respectable.

I think the reason the SINGLE LIFT records are low is because most POWERLIFTERS do 3 lift comps.

The bench record in Scotts class in the POWERLIFTING section is 60kg heavier.

Deadlift records in the POWERLIFTING section are (RAW)

75kg - 260kg
82.5kg - 270kg
90kg - 270kg
100kg - 275kg
110kg - 340kg
125kg - 335kg
140kg - 345kg

This is a single lift comp Markos......... So I gave the single lift records.

My bench record of 102.5kg was in a 3 lift meet, not single bench. now that raw is becoming more popular, its obviously been smashed, as it rightly should have been.

Last edited:
What class is 102.5kg a bench record at CAPO Scott, junior its 155kg and open its 155kg.

In the teen section 82.5kg class its 115kg class. Senior men its 155kg

These are all 3 lift records like you said.

Yeah it was at states ealier this year.
The records now, in my class, are REAL records.

Thats why I said in 2 years, hopefully all the records will be nice and big. I currently hold a bench record in the single lift at 115kg. I should realisticly be 60kg off the mark. But the sport is growing.....

I wanna compete in the Deadliest deadlift Sydney one.... Anyone know what the record is for that? I think given my deadlift workout last night I will do ok.. my 3rd set was 257.5kgs for 4 reps... and I did 2 inch deadlifts (off 2 5kg plates) for 270kgs for 3 reps.. my bodyweight is 94-95kgs...

Oznipper I'm pretty sure there isn't a sydney comp it's either albury or Canberra. Correct me if I'm wrong

__________________________Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d/lift comp

entries for the national dead lift comp in qld close the 27th november ,entries to jeff lam qld powerlifting po box187 paddington qld 4064

ok im thinking imm going to enter this now.... not goign to do the strongman comp the week after.. Ill enter this..