• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Capo qld 2011 state titles *update*

qld states

QLD STATES 2011:

This is a list of RED LIGHTERS you should be aware of.

I cant list them all here but its my intention to point out the MAIN red lighters.

SQUAT:
No 1 red lighter - DEPTH
No 2 Feet movement after the squat call is given
No 3 Not waiting for the judges call Squat or Rack
No 4 Double bouncing to get out of the hole
No 5 Failure to lock out at the top

BENCH:
No 1 Red lighter - Not waiting for the press call
No 2 Not waiting for the rack call
No 3 Lifting your bum off the bench
No 4 Uneven extension of the bar
No 5 Any downward movement during the upward press
No 6 Contacting the bench with shoes or lifting feet from the floor

DEADLIFT:
No 1 Red lighter - Hitching or supporting the bar on the thighs
No 2 Failure to lock out at the top of the lift
No 3 Lowering the bar before the down call
No 4 Movement of the feet during the lift
No 5 Not controlling the bar with both hands on the way down

So thats the "BIG ONES" also remember you have 60 seconds to commence your lift once the "BARS LOADED" call is made you also have one minute to enter your next lift with the Records Keeper.

GOOD LIFTING any questions i can help with email me.

good luck guys. Im not going to be coming to spectate now. Im a little sore post op and best I keep my leg elevated. Hope everyone breaks some PBS and ill see those who qualify at nats.

Was a great day of lifting.
2 absolute standout lifters
-Warick (missed last name) 335kg squat, 215kg bench (which he unracked himself) 350kg deadlift.
Brad?ben?dan? Can't remember his name, will have to wait for the results, but he hit 9/9 with a 280kg deadlift at 85kg. Top class.

Also I had my first female client step out. She went 70/70/120. Missed her ATG 80kg squat and missed her 4th attempt deadlift of 125kg due to 1 hitch. The squat is her weakest, we will try and get it up to 90+ in the coming months. She is 43yo and weighs all of 58kg lol. Top work.

It was also great to catch up with mikeW, trofius, trev, lozzo, Dan and ben from the forum. I'm pretty sure they all had a ball..... Well I know lozzo did, he pulled 220kg which was a 17.5kg PB lol, nice work man.

Last edited:
Yep great daybit dissapointing for me but still good fun and great to watch. Lozzo could have gone another 10kg, he made it look easy!

Thanks for the lift offs sticky.

yea had a great day, good to get amongst it, everyone was really nice, hope everyone enjoyed me not getting my grip distance right on my second dead :p

You actually weren't the only one........ Another forum member did the EXACT same thing lol.
Glad you enjoyed yourself man.

Great lifting everyone! Even my 5YO son loved it!! Warwick was a stand out, I've never seen those sorts of lifts before and it was something to behold.

Annie, if you're posting here, well done on your first comp and awesome deadlifting! There was a fair bit of talent in the female lifters, in more ways than one...

Can't wait to get amongst it myself next time.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
You actually weren't the only one........ Another forum member did the EXACT same thing lol.
Glad you enjoyed yourself man.
what you talkin about sticky?, lol
Have to agree with mike the female lifters were impressive, what did Kat do was it 135kg @59kg BW, deadlift, very impressive.

Yeah man, 135kg. As soon as she brings her bench up, she will be unstoppable!
275 @ 59 is a great result!

Yeah - Thanks to Jeff, Sticky, Frank and all the others helping on the day.

I bombed out on the squats due to depth, which was gutting, but got back into it and put up a bench and a dead that I was aiming for.

It was a great environment and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Trev

I missed the squats but was watching for the bench and deads. I had no idea who anyone was so slightly difficult to say hi :p

Heaps of awesome lifts. Some very inspiring stuff.

Great to see everyone did well. Disappointing I didn't make it. But it's awesome to see everyone getting into it.

How many lifters?

Were the lifts mentioned raw or equipped?

Can we get full results please fellas?

Well done to everyone

Only corrallie(?) weir was equipped, everyone else raw, including Mr 335kg squat :D.
12-13 lifters I think.
Lamy or myself will post results ASAP.

qld states

scott great job of loading,very well done.congrats to all the lifters well done, those 2 names scott ,daniel mcdonald and warrick brandt ,warrick is a international strong man and now a great powerlifter,what did you think of his squats,incredable.daniel will set some records along the way as well