• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO National Qualifier results - Vic

I do think that the CAPO totals are too high. By way of comparison the PA qualifying standard is 80kg lower.

Agree the solution may be to invite the top 10, since it would be silly to have a weight class with only 2 or 3 competitors.

I do think that the CAPO totals are too high. By way of comparison the PA qualifying standard is 80kg lower.

Agree the solution may be to invite the top 10, since it would be silly to have a weight class with only 2 or 3 competitors.

I suggested the top 2-3 from each state.

I suggested the top 2-3 from each state.

That's not a good way to end up with a good top 10 though. You may have a class where one state would have most of the top lifters and others are way behind. Had this happened before in a comp I was in (not powerlifting).

I think 10 maybe too many. If they somehow manage to get 10 lifters in each class in the open men thats around 100 lifters. It took 2 days to get through 90 lifters as it is. I think the top 5 would be sufficient to push people to their limits.

How will nationals go down?

Light weights and women (same thing really) on the first day and the men on the second?

That's not a good way to end up with a good top 10 though. You may have a class where one state would have most of the top lifters and others are way behind. Had this happened before in a comp I was in (not powerlifting).

I know the counter argument is not everyone from each state will attend. However, I believe taking this model would increase state 'teams' & make it easier for people to finance logisitics & accomodation.