• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO Annual Deadlift comp - Vic

PTC

I have started a separate thread so I can inform lifters of a change of venue.

The comp will now be held at PTC Frankston. The address is Plowman Place, Frankston. If you put PTC Frankston in Google maps, it'll show you the location.

Saturday December the 4th.

Weigh in starts at 9.00am, lifting starts at 11.00am.

Entry fee is $50. Non members cannot set records, but can lift

If there are any questions, please ask here.

You can ring me on 0404 453 542

Cheers

Markos

Dumb question but, how does a deadlift comp work? Is it 3 lifts? and What equipment is allowed to be worn/ used? also, What are the weight classes?

Equipped and Raw available.

56kg
60kg
67.5kg
75kg
82.5kg
90kg
100kg
110kg
125kg
140kg
140kg+

Hey, a friend of mine and I are planning to enter into this as our first competition;

Is there anything we need to be aware regarding clothing requirements and equipement?

Is it ok to lift in just regular gym shorts and shirt or do we need a soft suit?

Cheers,
Adam

You can just turn up in shorts and a shirt as long as the shorts don't cover your knees and the shirt doesn't cover your elbows.. if you plan on setting any records you need to be a member and lift in a soft suit.. if not then just pay the entry fee and enjoy...

Steve really didnt want to do it, he has his reasons.

He is a top bloke, and when I was originally asked to hold it, I said no.

I changed my mind because everyone that competes in CAPO owes Steve

I rang him recently and offered to hold it for him. I should have offered earlier

Platform arriving Thursday

Trophies organized today

Plenty of competitors ringing me

Come down for a look even if your not lifting

Im trying to organise supplements for EVERY victorian lifter who competes on Saturday

The sooner i have an idea of how many lifters we might have the less chance competitors miss out

Gawain, WTF do you put in your protein, all the footballers are on it. They lift 6 days a week, run 3 days a week for 6 hours, and they've all GAINED weight lol

I hope they pass a drug test, Max just weighed 80kg