• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Can someone please review my diet for any improvements?

malloy

any suggestion/improvements would be most appreciated.

- 30 years old, 6'3, 93kg,
- naturally a lean body type but over winter i've out on some belly fat.
- Work out hard 4 days per week one day of carido (running/boxing)

Here is my current diet:
I am aiming to continue adding muscle but at the same time trim down as much as possible. I want to get a six pack (never has that before but not at the risk of losing size as i'm a hard gainer)

+ Breakfast: Shake (3 eggs, 100g oat bran, yoghurt, raspberries, soy milk)
+ Snack: 200 grams canned tuna
+ Lunch: 2 tuna sandwiches, brown bread
+ Post Workout: Protein shake (30g whey powder)
+ Dinner: Medium size steak, frozen veggies
+ Bed time: Shake (3 eggs, yoghurt soy milk)

1.5 liters water
5g BCAA pre and post workouts

any suggestion/improvements would be most appreciated.

- 30 years old, 6'3, 93kg,
- naturally a lean body type but over winter i've out on some belly fat.
- Work out hard 4 days per week one day of carido (running/boxing)

Here is my current diet:
I am aiming to continue adding muscle but at the same time trim down as much as possible. I want to get a six pack (never has that before but not at the risk of losing size as i'm a hard gainer)

+ Breakfast: Shake (3 eggs, 100g oat bran, yoghurt, raspberries, soy milk)
+ Snack: 200 grams canned tuna
+ Lunch: 2 tuna sandwiches, brown bread
+ Post Workout: Protein shake (30g whey powder)
+ Dinner: Medium size steak, frozen veggies
+ Bed time: Shake (3 eggs, yoghurt soy milk)

1.5 liters water
5g BCAA pre and post workouts

For cutting the belly fat whilst maintaining muscle, lose the bran, yoghurt and soy milk. Change to whole
unhomegenized full fat milk and drink only as pre and post workout shake with raw eggs and some cocoa for flavour.
Change the tuna to oily fish. Lose the bread completely and all other grains and pulses. Protein powders are not necessary. Eat lots of free range eggs raw or cooked, fish and red meat and you wont need that processed stuff.
Eat fresh veggies not frozen, grown above ground but mostly just green stuff. Keep veg to a minimum if you are trying to cut.
No fruit
Drink only water, never tea or coffee or any caffeine.
For bulking add cream to your workout shake, increase veg and add in some yoghurt, more cheese and a bit more meat/fish.
Adjust the quantities not types of food according to what you see in the mirror, tape measure and scales.

See my post here for more detailed info:
http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/21714-lose-fat-gain-muscle-same-time-no-hunger.html

Last edited:
Main meal should either be breakfast or lunch and evening meal should be no later than 6pm latest and should be light, like an avocado and some prawns cooked in butter.
No snacks in the evening and no eating before bed......good grief that's a sure way never to lose fat!

For cutting the belly fat whilst maintaining muscle, lose the bran, yoghurt and soy milk. Change to whole
unhomegenized full fat milk and drink only as pre and post workout shake with raw eggs and some cocoa for flavour.
Change the tuna to oily fish. Lose the bread completely and all other grains and pulses. Protein powders are not necessary. Eat lots of free range eggs raw or cooked, fish and red meat and you wont need that processed stuff.
Eat fresh veggies not frozen, grown above ground but mostly just green stuff. Keep veg to a minimum if you are trying to cut.
No fruit
Drink only water, never tea or coffee or any caffeine.
For bulking add cream to your workout shake, increase veg and add in some yoghurt, more cheese and a bit more meat/fish.
Adjust the quantities not types of food according to what you see in the mirror, tape measure and scales.

See my post here for more detailed info:
http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/21714-lose-fat-gain-muscle-same-time-no-hunger.html

Lay off the drugs mate. Shittest advise ever.

What drugs, I don't see any drugs there?
If you are seeing drugs in my advice, then you must be on something yourself.
Now grow up and stop trolling.

Last edited:
hey malloy, protein intake looks pretty good.

Sounds to me you want to eat at "maintenance (not lose or gain weight)" calories..... I think.

go to myfitnesspal.com or a calorie counting site, and start tracking your calorie and protein intake.

try and drink 3L of water IMO.

Forget the rest for now....

What drugs, I don't see any drugs there?
If you are seeing drugs in my advice, then you must be on something yourself.
Now grow up and stop trolling.

Ill say it again, shittest advise ever.

Did you just find all the bro science and diet myths you could from the forums and put them all in one post.