• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Can anyone help with my diet decision?

_Gruph_

Dero
I have decided to bulk again but want to stay as lean as possible while doing this. I have been getting hungry at night and feel like I need to slip in another meal however I am afraid my body will store it as fat. Im not afraid of getting bigger I just like how vascular I have become over the last year as its the first time I have really focused on getting my diet in check and want to get to below 10% bf... Can comeone please critique my diet and tell me if I could add another meal?
Or should I just bite the bullet and up my calories all together to bulk right up and worry about leaning up after??
I am just about to start a cycle of..
Dbol: 40mg Ed wk 1-4
Cyp: 400mg wk 1-12
Tren A: 75mg Eod wk 1-12
Adex: .5 ed 1-12
Nolva: 40/40/20/20 wk 14-17

Height: 172cm
Weight: 90kg
Lifting: 4yrs
Bf: About 12%

9am
50gm Whole oats
45gm Scoop Protein wpi
3gm Fishoil
10gm Almonds
Carbs: 35gm
Protein: 39gm
Fats: 18gm
Calories: 467

11am
100gm Salmon
200gm Brown rice
70gm Broccoli, Onion, capsicum
10gm Almonds
Carbs: 49gm
Protein: 36gm
Fats: 21gm
Calories: 552

1pm
100gm Fillet Steak
180gm Brown Rice
70gm Broccoli, Onion, capsicum
3gm Fishoil
30gm Almonds
Carbs: 53gm
Protein: 44gm
Fats: 25gm
Calories: 607

3pm
Train 50min

4pm
Meal Replacement
Carbs: 49gm
Protein: 40gm
Fats: 4gm
Calories: 416

6.30pm
100gm Chicken Breast
130gm Brown Rice
70gm Broccoli, Onion, Capsicum
3gm Fishoil
10gm Almonds
Carbs: 33gm
Protein: 25gm
Fats: 13gm
Calories: 323

10pm
45gm Scoop Casein
45gm Scoop Protein wpi
Protein: 80gm

Totals
Carbs: 219gm
Protein: 264gm
Fats: 81gm
Calories: 2661

Any sugestions would b great thanks, I posted this to a US forum and have had no responces, so hopfully some local ppl will help. Cheers

If you want to talk about your cycles etc, just go to the 'steriod' section and ask your question there :)

Simply put, to stay as lean as possible when bulking, all that is required is to choose an appropriate calorie surplus.

Calculate your calories for 'maintenance' (are the calculated calories you listed your maintenance? and how did you come up with the macronutrient breakdown?) and consume that amount of calories for 2-3 weeks and track your progress. Increase or decrease as needed after that time in 10% increments and repeat the 2-3 week time frame at the next calorie intake.

FYI, the amount of meals and meal timing/frequency are irrelevant for body composition results and exercise performance. As long as you have consumed what your requirements are with in the context of a day or even week, your body composition goals will be achieved or at least on the road to achieving.

Awesome bro thanks heaps, exactly wat I needed, thisll keep me bizzy for the next few months!... Ok so this is wat im not sure of aswel... I got my calorie requirements from a formular in Gerade Dante's book Macrobolic Nutrition. Id like to re assess it and base it off a more acurate formular, do u know one? Im not 100% sure of my bf% as my mate took it with callipers and the Jackson/Pollock 7 Caliper Method. I would like to have it done by a profesional, where do I get it done? It is important to work out calorie requirements yer?? My macro breakdown is based on 45 carbs 35 protein 20 fats. I made a spreadsheet which calculates it all and has pie charts n stuff and I added c,p,f's here and there till it fit to my ratio and requirements. I got my macro breakdown for each food from the nutrition labels and from a phone app called my fitness pal..

No BMR calculator will be 100% accurate. They all ESTIMATE what your BMR would be (make sure it takes into account your activity level). Maybe just use 3 different calculators and start with the average of the 3 and go from there.

Unless you get a DEXA scan, bodyfat calculations can be very inaccurate and misleading. So I'd be taking your friends measurements with a grain of salt.

Never use percentages for you macronutrient breakdown. They may leave you deficient in certain areas. Best is to ensure within your calorie intake that you are consuming at least 2g/kg (bodyweight) of protein and 0.8g/kg (bodyweight) of fats. That way the minimum amounts of the essential macronutrients are consumed to ensure hormonal function and general bodily functions are covered. The rest of your calories can be made up to your liking or what ever supports your body composition and exercise performance needs the best.

Ur 90kg and want to bulk but only eating 2600 calories a day?. Im 84 kilos and eating 3500 calories a day, and im only putting on 0.5-1kg a week.

What’s My Genetic Muscular Potential? | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

Depending on you're training level that could be unnecessary fat gain.

Possibly, but my benchpress has gone up 10 kilos,squat 10 kilos and deadlift 15 kilos in 3 weeks...

I tried bulking slightly over maintenance. result is shithouse str increases, real slow. now im eating 500-700 calories over maintenance. my lifts are improving heaps faster.

p.s Take into account that i am taking test e 500mg a week, have been for last 2 and a half weeks....... altho i feel no affects from it yet, so it could be bunk - thus diet is the reason im improving aswell as i am. Is it worth attaining a little more body fat to see a lot faster str gains in the gym? i say yes. Eating a tiny bit over maintenance delivers slow results. thats just my opinion

Last edited: