• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Calories burnt in a full body workout

sjay

let's say it's a full body workout, squat, sldl, bench, row, press, curls. 3 sets each and about 1-2 minute rest between sets.

roughly how many calories are burnt?

I've seen very questionable figures bandied about on the inter webz. like 500 cals plus. doesn't sound right does it

sure is, 860 cals an hour :eek:

I could also eat less but I find the combo a bit easier ie I feel less hungry for the same net calorie deficit

Maybe if you did a 30 min circuit session with very little rest

But not a standard BB or PL session

Do you think a thirty minute workout, with weights (at a low intensity) in a circuit will do much for strength, cardio health and fat control, compared to an "all out" ball busting weight session and a weekly jog and controlled eating?

Do you think a thirty minute workout, with weights (at a low intensity) in a circuit will do much for strength, cardio health and fat control, compared to an "all out" ball busting weight session and a weekly jog and controlled eating?

The question was calories burned in a full body workout,

A full body work out to me is Squats, Deads, MP, BB Curls, Bent Rows as Heavy as the individual can lift.

In the sense of calories burned and cardio, Yes i think a circuit session would burn more calories, IE Much Less weight, 50+ reps instead of 10 and stuff all rest for 30 min non stop

Fat controll comes from Calories in Vs calories out, Not the exercise you choose to part take in, Of course you will gain more strength with a heavy weight session, but its over all calories burnt we are referring too

The question was calories burned in a full body workout,

A full body work out to me is Squats, Deads, MP, BB Curls, Bent Rows as Heavy as the individual can lift.

In the sense of calories burned and cardio, Yes i think a circuit session would burn more calories, IE Much Less weight, 50+ reps instead of 10 and stuff all rest for 30 min non stop

Fat controll comes from Calories in Vs calories out, Not the exercise you choose to part take in, Of course you will gain more strength with a heavy weight session, but its over all calories burnt we are referring too

What if you did that "traditional full body workout as heavy as the individual could lit"
And jogged at a steady pace of 30 mins on the off days, do you think this could be more beneficial?
For the overweight person?

Fat controll comes from Calories in Vs calories out, Not the exercise you choose to part take in

That contradicts itself, I am pretty sure Calories in Vs calories out would include exercise EG if you go for a 5 minute walk or a 20km run would greatly affect your Calories in Vs calories out.

What if you did that "traditional full body workout as heavy as the individual could lit"
And jogged at a steady pace of 30 mins on the off days, do you think this could be more beneficial?
For the overweight person?

I think it would, it's exactly what I was doing when I was training for fat loss, along with watch what you eat.

HIIT instead of the 30 minute jog would be even better.