• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

callouses

As a woman Bree you could relate but what woman would want a dudes rough scabby calloused hands caressing her?

Soft and flabby body with nice soft hands or a hard, chiselled body with tough hands?

Give me the man with some muscles! Can get past his hands if the rest feels good.

Now manky feet? Thank I can not forgive.

Why not have a ripped chiseled guy with soft hands?Best of both worlds.

Because then they are probably an accountant. (Not that there is anything wrong with that. Please note that I do have good friends who are accountants.)

I just regularly pick/cut my callouses and they very rarely give me any issues any more.

Just ripped my hands apart yesterday after a brutal workout.
Ripped a huge chunk off the base of my little finger.
Got a blister on the ring finger same hand.
Other hand got a blister which broke on the ring finger.
Basically, hands got smashed and were painfull all day all, just from one workout, were fine before that.

Kipping pull ups - max reps in 30 secs. (averaged 15 at 89kg)
2 mins rest
Push Press 40kg - max reps in 30 secs. (averaged 25)
2 mins rest
Sumo high pull 50kg - max reps in 30 secs. (averaged 12)
2 mins rest
Then repeat 3 more times, 4 rounds in total, 28mins start to finish.

It was tough, moved just under 12 tonne in 6 minutes of worktime.
Last set of kipping pull ups is what did the damage.

I reckon all that movement on a pull up would really put a massive impact on your hands.

[youtube]tAZaHzd6qAY[/youtube]

Without sounding like a c*nt to Hulk, I really don't see why you would want to do them over a strict Pul Up?

In crossfit-style workouts, kipping pullups mean that you can do more pullups in less time. ie. you do a higher intensity of work.

Whilst using less muscle strength though, I guess there is also a trade off.

Does SSAS do alot of Crossfit stuff?

Personally, every few weeks, i use that foot pumice stone, and shave back the callus's there hard as, but at least there smooth for the ladies..

Ah, back to Callouses. I have been using moisturiser every night. Since using Chalk, they dry out more and a few times they have looked close to tearing off. With the better grip that you get with Chalk, the more it puts onto your callouses.

i wasnt using any gloves for about a year, but girls were saying my hands were nasty, so i bought gloves the other day, after not using them for so long, its quite a nice change..

I hate the feeling of gloves, I don't feel like I have a good grip with them and you look like a pansy. :p

Once you are pushing Deadlifts, I think gloves would be a hinderance.

ronnie coleman uses gloves he doesnt look like a pansy, i think its person preference, like i said beforehand, after not using it for so long, its nice as a change..

yep i hate using goves too, especially on deadlifts. you cant grip stuff as well as with chalk and they get all sweaty and stink like arse