• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Calcium Caseinate

birch

Can somebody tell me what it is exactly? Is it a source of protein itself? I just received my order from BulkNutrients and after reading on the site before I ordered, I thought I just had to add a teaspoon or two to my protein shake and it made the absorption slower. But after reading the label, it says it has 91g protein per 100g, so now I'm confused.

Umm??

Im confused..

Why are you confused? and what about?

Of course it is 91g protein per 100g it cant be anymore the 100g per 100 g that wouldnt make sense..

I dont understand your question.

Umm??

Im confused..

Why are you confused? and what about?

Of course it is 91g protein per 100g it cant be anymore the 100g per 100 g that wouldnt make sense..

I dont understand your question.

I'm asking; is it something I add to my protein shake before bed, or is it protein itself?

I'm asking; is it something I add to my protein shake before bed, or is it protein itself?

Of course its a type of protein...

Milk has casein and whey protein in it.

If you add Fat or fibre to your protein shake it will also slow digestion...

Glad this thread came up. I've been doing some reading about Glutamic Acid, Calcium Caseinate and exictotoxicity but having trouble putting the peices together. Was prompted to read up on the topic when n00bs, I think it was you, mentioning the possible link between Muscle Milk and MSG.

What I'm still confused on:
Is Calcium Caseinate high in Glutamic Acid or it a Glutamate itself?
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) is the salt form of Glutamic Acid and an excitotoxin. Is Glutamic Acid itself an excitotoxin? If not, does Glutamin Acid form MSG in the body (or through some other process)?
What is Micllear Casein and how does it differ from Calcium Caseinate? Is it also classified as an exictotoxin?

Alot of questions. Realise they don't relate to the OP, but thought I could bring them up there. Hope they make sense to someone.

Nic.

L-glutamine converts to monosodium glutamic acid in the body if there is not adequate pyridoxine (b6) in the body to help covnert it to GABA.

Hope that helps...

Adequate b-complex consumption through out the day is a MUST!

One other thing, if consuming calcium caseinate as a protein supplement, would dietry B vitamins be sufficient or would a B6 supplement be advisable? My multi contains 50mg of B6.

Nic.

Multis are always advisable...

Well you brought up MSG ect ect so i thought id try and explain how it comes about.

L-glutmaine is an amino acid found in protein.

Ok I have no idea how I am meant to take this stuff. On the BulkNutrients site, it says;

"Turn your WPC or WPI into a perfect slow releasing night protein by adding a teaspoon of Caseinate before bed."

But then below that it has a heading saying Dosage and then this;

"While dosage depends on many factors we generally recommend people taking 40 -60g of Calcium Caseinate each time, one to two servings a day."

I don't understand? 1 part tells me to just add a teaspoon to my WPI shake, then the other part says to take 40-60g of the stuff.. I just tried to shake up a couple scoops of it with some milk and it wouldn't even disolve..

Last edited:
Ok I have no idea how I am meant to take this stuff. On the BulkNutrients site, it says;

"Turn your WPC or WPI into a perfect slow releasing night protein by adding a teaspoon of Caseinate before bed."

But then below that it has a heading saying Dosage and then this;

"While dosage depends on many factors we generally recommend people taking 40 -60g of Calcium Caseinate each time, one to two servings a day."

I don't understand? 1 part tells me to just add a teaspoon to my WPI shake, then the other part says to take 40-60g of the stuff.. I just tried to shake up a couple scoops of it with some milk and it wouldn't even disolve..

IT is saing 2 different things...

1 is to have on its own

the other is too add to your existing wpc to make it longer lasting...

You could add a tablespoon of peanut butter and it would do the same...

I would add table spoon of casein to your wpc shake before bed on WATER only..

You dont want any blood sugar the few hours before bed as this decreases growth hormone output.

IT is saing 2 different things...

1 is to have on its own

the other is too add to your existing wpc to make it longer lasting...

You could add a tablespoon of peanut butter and it would do the same...

I would add table spoon of casein to your wpc shake before bed on WATER only..

You dont want any blood sugar the few hours before bed as this decreases growth hormone output.

Cheers n00bs. I will try taking a tbsp of it with a shake tonight.

Just had added a tsp of it to my protein shake tonight, was still pretty thick. I guess I'll just have to deal with it

Just had added a tsp of it to my protein shake tonight, was still pretty thick. I guess I'll just have to deal with it

Just remember water only...

Perhaps add chromium and vitamin c to level out blood sugars from dinner so you can get increased GH output..

I just had my pre-bed Micellar Casein MPI with creatine mixed with skim milk. Stuff was like glue. Had to drink an inch off the top then add water and stir to thin. No wonder its slow to consume... ;)

So, n00bs, is this stuff bad for me now too? I take a broad based multi daily too.

Cheers,
Mike

I just had my pre-bed Micellar Casein MPI with creatine mixed with skim milk. Stuff was like glue. Had to drink an inch off the top then add water and stir to thin. No wonder its slow to consume... ;)

So, n00bs, is this stuff bad for me now too? I take a broad based multi daily too.

Cheers,
Mike

Yes and no, Fadi will explain about casein.. I am avoiding cottage cheese now...

The Cancer Casein Connection
In fact, the connection between casein and cancer was so profound that the scientists could literally turn cancer growth on and off in the laboratory animals, like a light switch, simply by altering the level of casein protein in their diets. Interestingly, they also found that feeding the animals the same levels of plant based protein (gluten and soy) did not at all promote cancer growth.
Next, Campbell was able to take his research into the real world. In the early 1980’s a joint effort was established between Cornell University, Oxford University and China’s health research laboratory. The researchers gathered data on 367 variables, across 65 counties in China and 6,500 adults. The research was conducted over a 10 year period and was funded by both the Chinese and the United States government.
The Cancer and Animal Protein Connection
The results of the China Study showed that nutrition has a very powerful influence on a multitude of diseases. Animal based foods were linked to higher breast cancer rates and higher blood cholesterol levels. Whereas plant based diets were connected to low incidents of breast cancer rates and cholesterol levels. Fiber and antioxidants from plant foods were also linked to lower levels of digestive tract cancers. Between Campbell’s research and many other studies, it appears that good science – well thought out and planned studies – are painting a consistent picture between diet and health. Because of this research we are now able to largely reduce our risk of developing deadly diseases just by eating the right food.

I dont think we can win... I am fairly certain after all my research that we ARE DESIGNED TO EVENTUALLY DIE OF SOMETHING!

However limiting the bad things will lead to a longer and happier life.. So if casein is the only thing your ****ing up on so be it...

Yes and no, Fadi will explain about casein.. I am avoiding cottage cheese now...
OK, so what do I add to my WPC before bed to make it slow release then? Peanut Butter?? Wouldn't that add fats whilst I've got a slowed metabolism which is a no-no.

You'll be earning that member of the month tag now... ;)

Thanks mate,
Mike

OK, so what do I add to my WPC before bed to make it slow release then? Peanut Butter?? Wouldn't that add fats whilst I've got a slowed metabolism which is a no-no.

You'll be earning that member of the month tag now... ;)

Thanks mate,
Mike

Add your casein you wont die...

The studies show that casein fuels cancer that has been devleoped from exposure to a carcinogen...

Do you smoke? Hope not you will be fine... Fadi can jump in on it if he wants.. but you wont die next month.. I have gone thorugh alot of casein in my time..

I am just confused about it at the moment so i dont want to give advice and it be seen as gospel without more research...