• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Caffeine alternatives!

Daniel.308

Hey guys

Just curious if you guys have any meals or recipes for alternatives to caffeine to help wake up in the morning and help with focus?

I think there was some lemon drink recipe with salt from what I remember I came across here lol?

Cheers

I never have caffeine, at all.

Honestly, I just eat a lot. I find the more food you eat, the more alert you are (with the exception of high carb meals like pasta/rice etc which tend to make me drowsy). Fish is fantastic.

Best meal I had for alertness was a 425g tin of tuna and 1L of fruit and veg juice. I was bouncing off the walls and hit all PBs at the gym that night.

Try my diet, it might just work for you:

Breakfast: 2 long blacks, handful of almonds

Lunch: 150g chicken breast fried in olive oil, 2 pieces of fruit

Dinner: Gorge time!

I really like coffee, and not just for the caffeine, but when I'm on creatine I tend to limit caffeine to 1 cup of coffee a day, usually zero, and I actually find I'm more awake for most of the day. try cutting to zero caffeine for awhile - eating well, sleeping well, and training might take care of it for you.

Since I don't get enough sleep because I got work, when I do go to work I will literally fall asleep on the toilet... Caffeine though wakes me the fuck up, though I am not a fan of it so was just looking for alternatives...

The funny thing is I am so tired at work when I get home I am not tired one little bit and then stay up late and regret it the day after lol...

I will lye in my bed for about an hr before I get to bed...

Weird.

to add to what n00bs said... Caffeine might give you a good buzz, but it wont make up for lack of digestion, elevated cortisol and other adverse effects caused by lack of sleep.

Do you watch tv when you get home?

Try to read a book half an hour before you want to be sleeping. Helps your body get all relaxed and ready for sleep. Try some herbal tea too after dinner.