• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Caffeine affects on Test

Rugby88

I have Ep1c Calendar kunce
So heres a question for everyone - seeing as though we are in the day and age of big coffee drinkers, every 2nd person takes per-workout supplement year round etc etc....what do you the affects are on our test levels?

I have always been a big caffeine user from double/triple scooping pre-workouts to taking upto 10 no-doz tablets before training back in the day...I have been off all pre-workouts etc for prob around a month now and to be honest I have seen a fairly large decrease in performance in and out of the gym...so much so that I am thinking of getting back on pre-workouts....

Read this article just before and found it interesting...could caffeine/coffee be increasing our test levels and since I have been off it I have seen a decrease in my test levels....mmmm

The Effects Of Coffee On Testosterone | LIVESTRONG.COM

Maybe the decrease in test is all the nookie you have been getting lately? lol

Mate funny you should say that....because I have been doing some reading this morning...because I have been worried about my peroformance in the bedroom and in the gym of late and there is such a thing of sexual exhaustion - from to much sex or wanking...and the side effects are lowered performance (in all aspects), weaker muscles, tired, depressed etc...which I have been feeling as of late...I could only train twice last week and even though this week I have trained 4 times they have not been the best sessions....as stupid as it sounds sex could be the cause of some of my problems...

Thats interesting, it does make sense though. I had the same problem 7 years ago when I was dating 2 chicks at the same time, everything was going downhill and I started to get colds and sick all the time. Once I broke it off with one I went back to normal haha.

yep sounds like your performance is going downhill Joel, you're down to a measly 17 times a week in the sack.

Thats interesting, it does make sense though. I had the same problem 7 years ago when I was dating 2 chicks at the same time, everything was going downhill and I started to get colds and sick all the time. Once I broke it off with one I went back to normal haha.

lol - sounds about right mate!

yep sounds like your performance is going downhill Joel, you're down to a measly 17 times a week in the sack.

lololol - only upto 7 times this week youd be proud mate :p

But really I think it is affecting my life....I need to stop for at least a few days/ a week...

maybe look up sex-T-DHT effects?

link says too much caffiene produces too much cortisol = worse? so caffiene in moderation = best?

Their moderation was 400mg though, that would make me go a little.nuts.

400mg is alot I would say - considering the avg pre-workout is around 100-200mg and the avg coffee is around 70-90mg....400 seems alot to me aswell....

Joel, I used to have suicidal doses of preworkout, (like 50-60g servings lol) and I've stopped taking anything 8 weeks ago and don't think my training has suffered at all, honest.

Pre workouts mainly just get me focused i rekon. Although exhaustion does play a big role man.

I had the same situation, i was banging like 2 times a day with my mrs when i was off injured. Soon as i was back into working full time and training full time I always wanted to do it but could never be bothered physically...

So now i just have sex before I train.

Pre workouts make me horny..
Everytime I get on it, I'm keen as. Sometimes halfway through a workout Im thinking how I'm gunna smash my missus when I'm finished working out.
Sometimes pre workouts give me shrivel dick to when I get a bit scattered from having to much. But don't take long to change that.
I'd feel for your partner if you were the same. And it made you root more often. Like more then 17 times a week lol.
You should do it like a fat burner workout. Try and increase your roots by 1 session every week. See how far ya go haha.

The only pre-workout to make me horny was Jacked...everything else, opposite!!
bloody strange

Joel, I used to have suicidal doses of preworkout, (like 50-60g servings lol) and I've stopped taking anything 8 weeks ago and don't think my training has suffered at all, honest.

50-60g of caffeine? u would be dead :confused:

Just the preworkout not straight caffeine :)

How much caffeine did it add upto tho?

- Think I will add 200mg of caffeine back into my diet prob 3-4 days a week....If I see a decrease in overall well-being and energy over the next few weeks then I will take it out of my diet again..