• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Buying the best belt you can in Australia

if you want a Titan belt, Welcome to LiftingLarge.com - Serious Gear for Serious Athletes is a great distributor with reasonable shipping costs and good customer service.

I'm not surprised that Minh's website is infected.

I pulled the trigger on a Longhorn belt through these guys earlier today. Standard USPS pricing (ie. $50 for standard air mail). The belt (10mm, single prong buckle, suede) was $79 USD.

Seems pretty good. I'll post a review on the belt when it arrives.

NEVER order from House Of Pain.

It used to be a good site to order stuff from, but it's under new management and has turned to shit!

DON'T DO IT!

Urgh.

Looks like I'll be buying a Titan.

Why would the breakdown of a legal partnership affect you purchasing from there unless they have changed stock, increased price or decreased CS?

Reading the emotive email from the previous owner, it appears he sought capital from partners in return for shares of the company to new partners. However, he then sought to retain control over the company's direction. In essence, he sought to receive a substantial amount money from these partners while not giving them any control, basically 'having his cake and eating it too'. If he was smarter he would have retained a controlling share in the company (ie. sold off max 49%) or created different share classes for the new partners which gave them less total votes than him in the boardroom. Sure, he wouldn't have received as much capital, but he would have mitigated his risk of the current situation occurring.

I'm looking for a new belt in the next few months and am leaning towards an inzer forever from HOP

Why would the breakdown of a legal partnership affect you purchasing from there unless they have changed stock, increased price or decreased CS?

Because anecdotally there HAS been a decrease in the quality of customer service, and when there are other choices in the marketplace, that kind of change is enough to warrant going somewhere else.

Also, my decision to buy elsewhere has nothing to do with siding with either party in the HoP fiasco. It has to do with not having enough confidence in a company that is airing its dirty laundry in public.

Because anecdotally there HAS been a decrease in the quality of customer service, and when there are other choices in the marketplace, that kind of change is enough to warrant going somewhere else.

Also, my decision to buy elsewhere has nothing to do with siding with either party in the HoP fiasco. It has to do with not having enough confidence in a company that is airing its dirty laundry in public.

Fair enough, if the CS has gone downhill I'll look at others too. The $100 shipping fee from inzer direct isn't too appealing though.

I don't have a side in the HOP situation either, I just don't understand people who knowingly expose themselves to risk and then complain when the risk eventuates. I'm sure if he had his time again he would change things.

Fair enough, if the CS has gone downhill I'll look at others too. The $100 shipping fee from inzer direct isn't too appealing though.

I don't have a side in the HOP situation either, I just don't understand people who knowingly expose themselves to risk and then complain when the risk eventuates. I'm sure if he had his time again he would change things.

Right you are.

Incidentally I was in the same boat as you & decided against an Inzer belt altogether given that the Titan Longhorn was so easy to get hold of & cheap to ship.

It was a dog act. Why would I want to support those who turn their backs on the lifting community?

Hmmm I just ordered a bit of stuff from HOP. Might chase it up and if they don't give me a straight answer I'll open a PayPal dispute

Does anyone know what the current situation with the quality of the Titan Australia toro lever belts?

Is the recent batch of mixed quality or has all recent stock been compromised with all belts being super floppy and useless?

Thanks

Does anyone know what the current situation with the quality of the Titan Australia toro lever belts?

Is the recent batch of mixed quality or has all recent stock been compromised with all belts being super floppy and useless?

Thanks

We had one turn up like that but we just returned it and had a better one sent. Apparently they had a dodgy batch sent out. Some good, some bad.

One of the guys at my gym bought a titan belt (from titan au) recently and you could tie a knot in it if you wanted, useless

Edit: I dno if it's a 'dodgy batch', I remember Trent getting a few useless ones ages ago to... so it's not a new problem in that sense? Strange either way

Last edited:
One of the guys at my gym bought a titan belt (from titan au) recently and you could tie a knot in it if you wanted, useless

Edit: I dno if it's a 'dodgy batch', I remember Trent getting a few useless ones ages ago to... so it's not a new problem in that sense? Strange either way

Titan stuff seems to have a fair few quality issues.

Scheik Belt

How, and where?

I've looked and looked. One site (Titan Australia) appears to be hacked to hell and back. Underground Elite's aren't available any more, and haven't been for ages (except the $140 belts, which seems like a lot to pay... is it?)

Then there's all the other, probably lesser options. Or, international sites - and the shipping from these tends to be criminal, in a word. $100 shipping? Yeah right, mate. :mad:

Heard great things about Inzer Forever, but they don't seem to be buyable for less than a truly stupid amount.

I do Olympic Weightlifting and looked and couldnt find a decent leather belt.
Made some inquiries with the coaches and they all reckoned Schiek belts, of the USA are the best belts.

Schiek, Inc. - Lifting Belts

They also do powerlifting belts both leather and nylon.

i got the leather 4.75inch belt and its built like a tank. It was made in the USA also. Fantastic quality.

Belt really well priced and i got some schiek knee coverthings as well and from memory the postage was $70. Great service. Great belt.

cheers

Guys I did my first training session today in my new Titan Longhorn belt.

SUPERB belt. It got to me from Lifting Large in two weeks, and I'm extremely happy with the belt. Solid but actually quite comfortable out of the box.

There is a LOT of quality in this belt. I'm extremely happy.