• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Buy coconut oil online?

Hmmm I just had another look. The one I got is labelled as made by spiral foods and coming from Sri Lanka. It also seems to have a slightly different melting temperature then the banabam.

I can't recall the cost but I don't think it wasn't vastly different from the stuff I had previously bought.

Last edited:
Hmmm I just had another look. The one I got is labelled as made by spiral foods and coming from Sri Lanka. It also seems to have a slightly different melting temperature then the banabam.

I can't recall the cost but I don't think it was vastly different from the stuff I had previously bought.

oh i tried the spiral ... usually like their products but hated the coconut oil.

funny smell and yukky taste :(

CCM - are we using coconut oil for taste or for the health benefits of cooking with coconut oil over other oils? If the latter, is there a problem with the Woolworths coconut oil?

You can get a ltr in Indian food stores for 6 bucks. Plus cheap almond meal which is $10 a kilo.

CCM - are we using coconut oil for taste or for the health benefits of cooking with coconut oil over other oils? If the latter, is there a problem with the Woolworths coconut oil?

it's good if you like the flavour! I didn't like the smell and flavour of the spiral one.

Much prefer Banaban or Nui or Loving Earth (latter is expensive though).

I usually get Banaban but frankly I use saturated fats sparingly in cooking anyway and I'm not buying into eating the oil by the tablespoon.
it's all good but i think moderation is the key ...

of course this argument does not apply to chocolate :p

Come on now don't hold out on us. Your profile says you are from Brisbane. Please help us.

Sorry been overseas. Uhh on Kingston Rd across from the skate park near the argonaut.

Edit. It's on the corner or Kingston and reserve rd. In other areas look for Indian/Pacific Island grocers.

Last edited:
Sorry been overseas. Uhh on Kingston Rd across from the skate park near the argonaut.

Edit. It's on the corner or Kingston and reserve rd. In other areas look for Indian/Pacific Island grocers.

Literally around the corner from me, I'm off Park Rd, cheers..

Bummer that's a bit of a hike for me. But worth the trek if I get a decent amount.

Excellent though. Thankyou.

Where in bris are you located. Just past westfield garden city on Logan road there's an Indian store that may have it. On Logan road heading towards the city.