• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Burley Hawk

Priscilla Ribic Squat 225kg - Pan American 2007 - YouTube

For reference, this squat is high and was red lighted as such.
Many people will see this and think that it is to depth. They are looking at the top of the knee wrap as it is wrapped up the thigh and not at the top of the knee. If you look (correctly) at the top of the knee then you will see that the top surface of the knee is in fact not below the top of the knee but level

Now bearing in mind that this was not to depth, look at Graham's squats that were posted. They are nowhere fucking near to depth. Not by a long shot

Crying like a baby.

Bottom up squat is hard to do, do you reckon he was deep enough?

There was huge controversy when this was originally shown.

He started around depth but the ass lifted and he good morning'd it off the pins to start it
That's probably the most impressive feat of strength that I have ever seen however

Pretty clear there who has hit depth(or closest to it). The hoff isnt even close in those shots.

Tim.

And pray tell which feds are judging by the rules? All the others I would gather from your esteemed estimate. Maybe we all just need to agree to disagree on interpretations of the rules. I certainly disagree vehemently.

I compete in GPC and i think the judging is objective and to the rule book. I think CAPO judges make some retarded decisions either too harsh or too easy depending who's lifting, and i've already mentioned my what i've seen at PA meets.

I compete in GPC and i think the judging is objective and to the rule book.
That it is until you get red lighted, then you think the judges have lost all objectivity and it's time to go start up your own fed where it'll be done "right".

He started around depth but the ass lifted and he good morning'd it off the pins to start it
That's probably the most impressive feat of strength that I have ever seen however

That was the general feeling and criticism at the time, but with those huge very short legs, it looks like they hardly move.

Very good squatting leverages.

More the "I'll do it the way I want" part rather than anything to do with judging (in reference to the '88 commission)

I've not the time to go rereading that but can you reference any of it for me? I have read it many times and I'm not exactly sure what part you're getting at.

The "I've only got I sentence to tell a story" version
Wilks: I now think drugs are ruining the sport so I will start a properly drug tested fed while distancing myself from the other feds/lifters I was once associated with

The "I've only got I sentence to tell a story" version
Wilks: I now think drugs are ruining the sport so I will start a properly drug tested fed while distancing myself from the other feds/lifters I was once associated with

Ahh... that bit.

I read it as: I see the IPF and drug tested lifting is the future and I will align with them to ensure the future of the federation and sport in Australia.

Plus Wilks wasn't part of the first new fed remember, the one that appeared but had no backing from anybody else.

And say what you want about Wilks but he does do and care a lot about PA, often forsaking all others.

Edit: and now we're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off-topic.

Yeah.

I forget what Charlie Coleiro told me about it. Bit irrelevant now anyway imo

Yeah all I know is what was in the Commision report and bits and pieces from some PA old-timers. A lot of bad behaviour on both sides it seems and now they all still hate each other and us youngsters often get caught in the crossfire.

I just go and lift, leave all the BS to those who want to stay in the past. In order to move forward we need to forget the past!