• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bumper plates

also own some G2 plates here, great plates, not too bouncy, and not really thick, solid metal cores, not pressin plates
i have one that was a bit iffy quality wise, its replacement is still wrapped up
the rubber does smell for quite a while once opened
i bought 6 x 20kg , and 2 x 10kg

nearly got the hercules bumpers, but the G2 were cheaper at the time

ABC bumpers are heaps better quality, and finish, but you will pay for it...

from what i've found on sites..

plate - thickness for 20kg - price

Iron edge normal - 65mm - $200/pair
iron edge premium - 54mm - $290/pair (50.4mm hole)
GD muscle motion - 65mm - $190/pair
GD black bumpers - 86mm - $180/pair
SMAI - 85mm - $264/pair
garage Gym (G2) 60mm? - $280/pair
hercules (china) ????? - $308/pair
Body iron ??mm - $180/pair
Werk san economy ??mm -- $330/pair
Werk san IWF certified ??mm -- $380/pair
Pendlay econo V2 ??mm -- $190/pair
Pendlay Black L33t ??mm -- $250/pair
Pendlay colour L33t ??mm -- $300/pair
others?

I just measured my 20kg Hercules bumbers. They're 51mm.

Also for those with bumpers, how durable are they?

I'm hesitant to go totally bumpers as I'm pretty sure they wouldn't last as long as steel. :)

Also for those with bumpers, how durable are they?

I'm hesitant to go totally bumpers as I'm pretty sure they wouldn't last as long as steel. :)

I drop mine form shoulder height when doing OHP and they're fine. They're designed so they can be dropped from height so I highly doubt you'd break one unless it was extremely cheap quality.

G'day mate, what I meant was longterm lifespan.

thanks,

I drop mine form shoulder height when doing OHP and they're fine. They're designed so they can be dropped from height so I highly doubt you'd break one unless it was extremely cheap quality.

Most of the time what happens is the centre pops out, if something goes wrong with them.

At the club I used to lift at they had a few plates where the centre had come loose but none had really popped out and they were years old, were used multiple times a day 6-7 times a week.

Thats why its important to get bumpers with a solid insert and not just a ring pressed in, the rings usually pop out easier than the solid inserts do.

They were all used on lifting platforms though, using on plain concrete will decrease life of the bumpers.

Sweet, mine will be used on a platform and mainly only by me so they should be good for a long time.

Most of the time what happens is the centre pops out, if something goes wrong with them.

At the club I used to lift at they had a few plates where the centre had come loose but none had really popped out and they were years old, were used multiple times a day 6-7 times a week.

Thats why its important to get bumpers with a solid insert and not just a ring pressed in, the rings usually pop out easier than the solid inserts do.

They were all used on lifting platforms though, using on plain concrete will decrease life of the bumpers.

Anyone know if anywhere in Perth stocks bumpers at a decent price? Shipping them over here is horrendous.

I am looking to invest in some economy bumper plates. Wanted to know if anyone has dealt or currently have plates from warrior equipment? They had the cheapest deal I could find, at 120kg for $425. But am hesitant about the quality.

i was hoping someone has had experience, but i might just bite the bullet and give them a go.

kay did you end up buying the warrior plates? were they any good?

The Cyberfit ones have the steel sleeve in the middle of it, i am certain the rating on them are 30,00 cycles.