• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulking on a budget

So basically you are doing what a lot of young blokes are doing, spending more than you earn.

May be look at cheaper gym memberships, cheaper car, walking more instead of driving, public transport instead of car loan or a cheaper car or bike, prepaid on a cheap phone rather than the latest igadget or similar, pretty sure you could trim plenty of cash off your expenses, 20 hrs a week and living at home should give you heaps of cash.

Just saw this after I posted, completely agree.

So basically you are doing what a lot of young blokes are doing, spending more than you earn.

May be look at cheaper gym memberships, cheaper car, walking more instead of driving, public transport instead of car loan or a cheaper car or bike, prepaid on a cheap phone rather than the latest igadget or similar, pretty sure you could trim plenty of cash off your expenses, 20 hrs a week and living at home should give you heaps of cash.

Agree on this, and for this reason i looked around and set up a 2nd hand home gym set up, ride or jog to work, Saved up for over 3 years to buy a GTR for the weekends,m and only ever just got my first new phone on a plan at 22 yrs old

Mind you i just moved out of home recently and there is much less eating out, No internet unless at work and only just bought myself a lounge and TV after nothing for 3 months, just need to be smart and sort your priorities

Also the reason why i refuse to sit at the pub after work each day and drink $50 worth of beer * when i can spend $4.50 on a Muay Thai session

Mind you everyone is different and there is nothing wrong with that, Just shits me to death as i have mates who will send $300 on a bag of rack and complain they are always broke.

So glad i bought my pushbike before my car caught fire and left me with nothing :(

Such is life

Last edited:
Currently working out a budget. The basics milk, eggs and bread are covered. Working within the Coles company i get discount so that helps. More just need to work a budget so i can prepare lunch and dinner where i can get enough protein and carbs into me, It doesn't help that within 30 minutes of eating i can feel myself getting hungry again. I'm starting to get on top of things now. Thanks heaps everyone for the advice.

Mate then you have a lot more than $20 per week to spend on food. If you get hungry after eating, then eat more protein, eggs are probably one of the best protein sources out there. 2 to 3 eggs on toast for breakfast and a large glass of milk should see you through till lunch ( cereal will leave you hungry and lacking protein), if you still get hungry have an extra egg, and eat whole eggs, not just the whites like some tend to do, the yolk has just as much protein as the white, plus most of the nutrients are in the yolk, don't believe the cholesterol BS about egg yolks.

What do your parents cook that's so bad?? Just eat what ever meat they have for dinner and the veggies and you will be fine. Get your mum to cook some extra and take it for lunch the next day.

If you must buy Supplements for the comp get some Max's WPC protein and have a shake between meals, not sure on the contest rules, but 2kg of pure WPC protein from Bulk Nutrients is $49, will make about 66 shakes, so a months supply if you have two a day. Pretty sure the oldies aren't going to let you starve.:p

Last edited: