• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulk BCAA

gareer

I've been looking for a BCAA to increase my recovery after training. I was thinking of a bulk protein to save me some money. And I doubt there's a difference between the brand ones anyway. Any suggestions where/what to buy?

Cheers

Ben at bulk nutrients is the man you need to talk too. Great quality to go with his service.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've had a look through Bulk Nutrients, however theres no premade. Can anyone suggest a good recipe and how I would go about making it?

It says recommended dosages on the website. Its a matter of working the ratio's out if your mixing it with something else. Just click on the little (I) logo. It says :

Dosage Due to their potential muscle building and recovery effects, the most effective time to have BCAAs is around training time. Here, people often have a combination of BCAA?s and Glutamine as well as a simple carbohydrate source.
A typical dose of BCAAs is between 5 and 20g, often multiple times per day.

Im personally going to add small doses to my protein shakes e.g 5mg throughout the day and have larger doses of 20mg + around training time.

Personally, im just wondering what ratio's people have used themselves. Is a 4:1:1 of Leucine: Valine: Isoleucine the best way to go? Or should I wait a while and not worry too much about BCAA's? Dont necessarily want to turn into a guy supplementing his way through life when food will work just as well.

How long have you been training for? What are your goals? Your last comment sounds to me like you have your head screwed on as far as supplments go. Bcaa and glutamine would be the main two I would say based on my own knowledge which is minute compared to some around here. Sticking to regular dossages to start with then experiment yourself. Keep a training diary including entries on recovery and energy the next day. There is no set amount anyone will just tell you to take that will be 100% correct because they don't know you and your body. I asked the same question only to realize I learnt more researching and experimenting.

I have a good well balanced diet so I take recomended doses on non training days and will do the same on training days except for an extra dose before and after.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for all your help so far, So far I've been training for roughly a year. On and off, but consistently and strongly for about 4 months. I was training for 8 months before that but without real discipline. I'm tempted to try BCAA's for recovery as I can be quite sore after some workouts (I push myself pretty hard). So BCAA's might help in the long run. Finally, my goal is to compete in a body building contest sooner rather than later (before I turn 20) So in the next year or so (Im 18 atm).

I wish I had those goals at that age. All the best to you. Keep in mind if your looking at competing anything that gives you the edge is going to be worth it. Read through this forum from diet to training techniques it will change your view on everything.
Posted via Mobile Device