• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Building Forearm Muscles - How?

Chussen

So how do you do this? :confused:
My shoulders, back, upper arms, abs & legs are coming along nicely. But how do you grow the forearms?
I have been trying underhand grip rowing. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I have found that most compound back exercises also do a lot for forearms:- supine pullups, chinups, and bent over dumbell rows particularly. With the first two, an alternating grip that swaps on the next set ensures greater overall arm development.

Farmer's walk with a pair of kettlebells. Gradually build up your distances.

A pair of 64's not enough for you big fella ?

Thats heavier than the 57kg you carried at Easter (for 127m)

But not as heavy as the 100kg per hand James and I carried last year. I'm yet to find a kettlebell that heavy.

KB's are also more expensive than the Farmers Walk handles and not adjustable.

Nick, most guys on here cant deadlift 150kg, how the f u c k are they going to pick up 64kg in each hand, let alone 100kg???

I might just be able to pick up 64kg in each hand, but I'm not sure if I could walk anywhere with it :D

As Markos said, you have to offer training appropriate to a person's current level - push them a little bit past their comfort zone, not way past and into injury or "are you crazy? I give up!"

I'm not going to debate the merits of intensity. The OP asked about big strong forearms. Question answered.

Of course intensity is good. But the intensity has to be a level people can actually manage.

Markos is right: people who cannot deadlift 150kg are not going to be able to do farmer's walks with 64kg kettlebells, let alone 100kg weights. You have to keep the individual's ability in perspective, and recommend exercises and weights based on that.

Hey guys - chill!

I tried the bicep curls upwards at the wrist from Chall & have been doing 4 sets of 25, 3 times a week with 20kg DB. Let's just say...you can call me Popeye!:rolleyes:

Ok use kettlebells. When they get too light buy some farmers walk handles or find a gym with serious db's.

i feel that my forearms are v tight after doing chin ups...
i think it helps to build forearm muscles