• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Budget Diet suggestions?

Check out the bulk meat suppliers. This is how I came across it. I was going to buy a side of goat and customers came up. They not only get butchers but pet food suppliers. It's all the same stuff they just sell it much cheaper as pet food. So I asked for one of the customers that was in my area. I get turkey mince for $2/kg now. Beef mince is $5/kg and steaks are pretty cheap too. It's all real food, just the non-retail cuts. You get all kinds of nice cuts you don't get in the shop like skirt it's pretty sweet.

The product I am saying to make is called pemmican and it's pretty fucking awesome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pemmican

I'll pass. I get normal human grade beef in bulk for the same price.

Ill pretty much guarantee the shit they sell as pet food isn't the same. Lower quality animals, usually older poorer quality chopper cows. No top quality beef animals are going as pet food. Probably bit of meat that they dropped on the floor or wasn't cooled properly.

I've seen beef skirt in the supermarket.

I've been to the plant myself, it's exactly the same shit
Mince is all offcuts anyway. But who really cares, it tastes nice and you always have the option of eating more. If you stew then it's a complete non-issue

I've been to the plant myself, it's exactly the same shit
Mince is all offcuts anyway. But who really cares, it tastes nice and you always have the option of eating more. If you stew then it's a complete non-issue

I get paid more for top quality beef animals i sell. Do you think the processor is paying more for better quality animals to sell it as pet food.

Like I said its not that cheap anyway.

It's exactly the same

As far as beef is beef it is the same. If that's what you are trying to say. End result for your body is likely the same and if you trust the butchers to take as much care with pet food(I wouldn't)

But the top quality beef is not sold as minced pet food. The pet food is likely to be 10 year old chopper cows that the farmer sells because the are finished.

Anyway. I get sides of yearling beef for the same price which includes mince, steaks and roasts.

Shop around and buy in bulk and you should get better prices. Getting 100kg+ usually gets you better prices.

Bazza
I watched the same meat get packaged and half of it get shipped to a butcher and half get shipped to a pet food supplier

I don't give a fuck with this stupid argument any more. You're calling me a fucking liar and you can go fuck yourself

Bazza
I watched the same meat get packaged and half of it get shipped to a butcher and half get shipped to a pet food supplier

I don't give a fuck with this stupid argument any more. You're calling me a fucking liar and you can go fuck yourself

I'm not calling you a liar I am calling you an idiot.

Bazza

:D

No bazza, you've been hypercritical of everything I have done this past week
You said I was lying- I know where the meat came from but you're insisting otherwise
I don't mind debating shit but I can't be fucked with you now you've done this

Protein is so expensive! Paleo-style Mexican frittata. 1kg of fatty mince and 20 eggs. $10 for 3570kcal and 310g protein. I got the eggs for free though, so it was really $5.

iiIlY0b.jpg

R0qFyhD.jpg

Fuck you crack me up Oni. Pet food now. Lol.

Jerky keeps because it's very dry and very low fat. The fat goes rancid. Adding lard would fuck that up wouldn't it.

I'll just stick with standard jerky I think.

Looked this up further man
fat does go rancid, but it depends on the fat
the more double bonds the fat has, the faster it goes rancid
Saturated fats have no double bonds. The less saturated a fat gets the less double bonds it has. So fish oil being a polyunsaturate goes off very fast. Olive oil keeps forever as we know

So with pemmican, how fast it goes rancid depends on the animal and the cut of the meat. I looked this up further and the native americans would have two type, winter and summer bison pemmican. The winter pemmican was made from bison that had been grazing all summer and where very fat lol and it kept for ages so they stored it. The summer pemmican the bison were not that fat so it was higher in unsaturates and they would use it up first