• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bro Science

Why he is superior to all beings... He is just as ignorant as people of 2500 years ago believing what they thought was right at the time.

you dont see the difference between knowing something is true without any evidence to support it and being confident that something is true with a large body of evidence to support that?

you dont see the difference between knowing something is true without any evidence to support it and being confident that something is true with a large body of evidence to support that?

No because Alot of thinks that are "true" are still theories that are later sometimes proven to be totally different to what was said in the first place.

However though because a scientist made this mistake and not someone from 2500 years ago it's ok. You don't see the irony in this?

You didnt watch the youtube video i posted did you?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V85OykSDT8[/ame]

Last edited:
No because Alot of thinks that are "true" are still theories that are later sometimes proven to be totally different to what was said in the first place.

However though because a scientist made this mistake and not someone from 2500 years ago it's ok. You don't see the irony in this?

You didnt watch the youtube video i posted did you?

YouTube - The God Debate: Hitchens vs. D'Souza

but dont you see the difference im pointing out? a scientific theory is something that explains real world observations. it is rational to "believe" something is true if that "belief" is based on thousands of experiments that support it, even if it turns out to be wrong. volcano gods were based on faith, which literally means belief not based on proof. it is not rational to "believe" something is true if there is no evidence to support it.

but dont you see the difference im pointing out? a scientific theory is something that explains real world observations. it is rational to "believe" something is true if that "belief" is based on thousands of experiments that support it, even if it turns out to be wrong. volcano gods were based on faith, which literally means belief not based on proof. it is not rational to "believe" something is true if there is no evidence to support it.

....... If it turns out to be wrong the evidence is irrelivent. Be it that from a monk priest buddah scientist.

A priest will say i see gods work everyday science explains how it happens.

Science can not disprove god as much as it can prove god. The debate is simply that a debate on belief. Because at the end of the day thats all you have to go on.

Unless you find a double blind placebo study disproving god that is.

now this is just a god debate and thats been done a million times. if you want to invent a being that by definition is impossible to prove doesnt exist and then dedicate your life to it on the basis that no one can prove it doesnt exist then go nuts! i dont even remember what we were arguing about in the first place.

now this is just a god debate and thats been done a million times. if you want to invent a being that by definition is impossible to prove doesnt exist and then dedicate your life to it on the basis that no one can prove it doesnt exist then go nuts! i dont even remember what we were arguing about in the first place.

The fact that your methods of defining something then proving it wrong is somehow more relivent then someone elses all because a scientist did it. But people call that advances, in religion your called crazy...

This isnt the god debate... It was simply a point made to your origonal post of how science is all knowing and that crap. Science like most things man made are fallable.

Your point was you wait for someone a scientist to determine what is best for you because they hold all the cards. That is what i am referring to. My point was and is believe none of what you hear and half of what you see. Faith be it blind in regards to religion, science or what lawn mower to buy is still faith in somehting else if you are relying on another persons word.

You defined this as reason not faith. I then gave examples of fallable science that is regarded as what is.

Last edited:

we were arguing that ghosty is a bro, and at some stage he did science.
and we were trying to make him go to a homo path.
to get electrodes which aren't electrodes attached to his girlfriend stealing wang to bring equilibrium to his Shakra.

It arrived!!! :D
188563_10150141714773945_588173944_6445309_86236_n.jpg

195867_10150141714728945_588173944_6445308_5090435_n.jpg

Science is all about testing a hypothessis with experimentation. I suggest performing your own real life experiments and do not listen to the bro science.

Experience is king.

Science is all about testing a hypothessis with experimentation. I suggest performing your own real life experiments and do not listen to the bro science.

Experience is king.
But that's exactly what broscience is - "non scientists" who have performed real world testing, drawn conclusions from it, and then get told otherwise by actual scientists who wear lab coats and have never done any real world testing...