• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bro Science

Don't bag teh homeo, man. They even have them in[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0"]Hospitals[/ame] now.

They have also developed advanced placebo surgery.

Ever heard of thenocebo effect?

Some placebos are better than others, too.

Blindness to other's ideas and an inability to concede that your own may not be entirely correct is a trait i've found shared by 99% of the population, hence why there's now 14 pages of this guff.

Sorry to hijack a perfectly good argument.
Thread is not a complete waste, the word "guff" has now been added to my vocabulary :D

wow you drew an impressive number of conclusions from my short post. the point of the post was a very simple one. i dont have the time or the money to test every single type of treatment that becomes available. its that simple.

i didnt disregard "everything" based on others knowledge, i disregarded certain very specific things based on my own knowledge. there are degrees of knowledge between "following blindly" and making it your lifes work and the law of diminishing returns applies. you dont need to be a doctor to know the mora machine is bullshit. im not even sure what i supposedly think doesnt exist.
5343570440_f67bc07cd6.jpg

When I was 13yrs old training, I was told to work my arms as it increases testosterone and your whole body will grow!

I believed it!

Until I done some research...

i actually thought this was true.

Shocking your muscles by more weight/more reps.

What about shocking through different techniques - e.g. forced negatives?

I guess you can call progressive overload "shocking", but what I think the common broscientist implies is that you consistently change your programming, which is a recipe for stagnation

Forced negatives etc can be useful tools, but for the novice they aren't warranted

Gosh. What a thread. I have enjoyed following along.

Let's not forget that 2500 years ago humans thought of valcano's as gods and when they erupted that they (the god(s) were upset). Now of course we know that an eruption is all about geology. Were the humans around 2500 years ago stupid for thinking that? No. They were just ignornat. There's nothing wrong with ignorance. We're all ignorant of a lot of things. We all have gaps in our knowledge. That's a part of being alive.

I'm a big fan of Chris hitchens

Let's not forget that 2500 years ago humans thought of valcano's as gods and when they erupted that they (the god(s) were upset). Now of course we know that an eruption is all about geology. Were the humans around 2500 years ago stupid for thinking that? No. They were just ignornat. There's nothing wrong with ignorance. We're all ignorant of a lot of things. We all have gaps in our knowledge. That's a part of being alive.

what makes you think that the reasons for change in structures isn't because god is angry?

volcanoes erupt due to the plates moving in different directions leading to gaps for eruptions etc.

Where is your proof that god is not sitting up there on a saturday afternoon grabbing the earth in 2 hands and giving it a chinese burn causing the plate moves and eruptions?

Geology is just the name/science given to "this" fact of life..

just like the name of the things I wipe my face on after a shower are named "my wifes boo.. " I mean "towels"

Last edited:

they werent stupid but they are not the intellectual ancestors of scientists. if they were ignorant then they are only as ignorant as people who believe in the bible now.

what makes you think that the reasons for change in structures isn't because god is angry?

volcanoes erupt due to the plates moving in different directions leading to gaps for eruptions etc.

Where is your proof that god is not sitting up there on a saturday afternoon grabbing the earth in 2 hands and giving it a chinese burn causing the plate moves and eruptions?

Geology is just the name/science given to "this" fact of life..

just like the name of the things I wipe my face on after a shower are named "my wifes boo.. " I mean "towels"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_tectonics

Who's ever heard of a Volcano erupting on a Saturday? Ridiculous.

they werent stupid but they are not the intellectual ancestors of scientists. if they were ignorant then they are only as ignorant as people who believe in the bible now.
Don't hate upon other peoples religious beliefs. It does not make them ignorant.

Don't hate upon other peoples religious beliefs. It does not make them ignorant.

Why he is superior to all beings... He is just as ignorant as people of 2500 years ago believing what they thought was right at the time.