• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bro-science Secrets and Tips

Yoloswagscope

We've all heard some form of bro-science, whether its from our friends starting, or maybe that regurgitation that you HAVE to consume a protein shake within 10 minutes of your workout to get in the 'window'. Whatever you've heard, share it here!

I had to create the topic because yesterday marked the day where I heard some of the stupidest shit ever at the gym. I overheard a couple of new kids saying that their "massive' friends secret to big muscles is that every night before bed he does sets of 'flexes'. According to these bros, doing sets of flexing before bed makes you wake up not only bigger then before, but also the blood you pumped into your muscles forces them to heal overnight so you can train the same muscle again the next day and avoid DOMs. So guys, make sure you do your sets of flexes before bed.

I saw the same kid during his workout doing pushups with his hands on two boxes so he could go extra low, but the worst thing was that his elbows and shoulders were in front of his head. It was the most painful and wrong looking pushup I've probably ever seen.

Also had same jackass tell me that since I lift heavy, I should be doing static stretches in between each of my sets so I don't hurt myself.

So, what Bro-science secrets have YOU heard?

Haha... needed a good laugh yolo.

The kids doing their pre bed flexes and the praying mantis pushup style are very humorous :p

Nothing comes to mind at the minute, but I'm sure I've heard my fair share over the years :)

Bro science or ausbb bible text, either way, I don't think flexing and pumping bold into muscle is a detrimental thing, many believe it has it's own benefits, not just the young noobs.

Heard on this very forum that all you need is squats and dead lifts for huge arms.
Wanna hear Bro science, we on here are the subject matter experts, look no further.

I've heard taking gear will make you a powerlifter AND a bodybuilder with the exact same training methods.

When some one spots you on bench and you half rep it and your spotter lifts it off your chest sayimg "its all you" it really was all you and a full rep too

anyone looking to buy QUEST PROTEIN bars use Code ZMP222 on iherb.com to get $10 off and cheap shipping!

I believe in nutrient timing to an extent...like the post workout nutrition and non training day diet.
The oldie and the stupidest one I hear is "high reps for toning".

Lmao.. hope they ok with stuffed up shoulders if this is their idea of a std. Pushup :)

I swear to god I'm not talking sh-it right now, but I saw him at the gym just then and asked him hows his "grasshopper" pushups going. He told me good, but his shoulders are in agony and that he thinks he injured his rotator cuff or something. Accidentally laughed at him and then said I told him so, but he refuses to believe it was from the pushups. Apparently normal pushups don't give him the "burn" that those ones do.

If by 'burn' he means torn rotator cuff muscles then he has succeeded :cool:

This him and his mate? :p

Hahaha oh man, next time I see him I'll ask to add him on facebook so I can link him to this topic.

Also, I asked about his sets of flexes before bed and in his defense he said that his friend who does them is bigger then me. Not trying to rep myself but I'm a pretty big guy who lifts heavier then often anyone else in the gym on most given days, so shit... these flexes must be legit.

^^ Yeah man. This might work if your gifted genetically, but I gotta do curls to maintain my tooth-picks.

Kunce be like 'I don't even have an arms day'

You have to do squats.

6 + meals a day

Post workout window.

Pre workout supplements

GHR

Sipping water all day

What one man's bro science might be different to others...
Bazza how can you rate GHR's as broscience?
Doing them right, I'm on the verge of not walking the next day, glutes and hammies on fire....

What one man's bro science might be different to others...
Bazza how can you rate GHR's as broscience?
Doing them right, I'm on the verge of not walking the next day, glutes and hammies on fire....

Yep these are my opinions.

Bro science for the amount of a hard on people get over them.

I should be pumping them up. I brought my own GHR but Ill admit I got that wrong. They are massively overrated.

You have to do squats.

6 + meals a day

Post workout window.

Pre workout supplements

GHR

Sipping water all day

Sounds like a good solid plan for results.

I think the ignorance of claiming legit things as broscience is the ultimate broscience.