• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Boxjumps as an accessory

Ha downhill running.
Western reds (now defunct NRL side) loved them for pre-season. Was around 96/97 too. Must've been a fad at the time...

Lol the Reds, havent heard of them in ages. Yeah, same thing with Bosu's and now it's 24hr gyms that don't even have barbells. Melbourne is going to shit.

So do i punch that into google and it spins me up an output? Can I request lotto numbers on it too?

Don't worry about google lol, leave it to those who know it best. Try what I said in that first post, it's a good start. Progression is determined where it is in your workout. Before squats for example, less volume and go for height.

Lol the Reds, havent heard of them in ages. Yeah, same thing with Bosu's and now it's 24hr gyms that don't even have barbells. Melbourne is going to shit.

Don't worry about google lol, leave it to those who know it best. Try what I said in that first post, it's a good start. Progression is determined where it is in your workout. Before squats for example, less volume and go for height.

Was being sarcastic lol

Good box jumps are 45"+. Some of the guys in the states I've seen do 50"s and 60"s

Did some box jumps today, never tried doing em properly before. Worked up to 44" (112cm) before calling it a day. I felt there was some left in it so I will improve on that next time.

Be interesting to see in the long run how an improved strength base translates to jumping ability.

Be interesting to see in the long run how an improved strength base translates to jumping ability.
Very strong correlation. If you have at least a 2x bw squat and aren't jumping near 30" vert I'd say you lucked out in the genetic department.

Downhill runs have their place, although shouldn't be done more than once a fortnight IMO.

To answer OP, box jumps would have little carryover to powerlifting I'd imagine.

Did some box jumps today, never tried doing em properly before. Worked up to 44" (112cm) before calling it a day. I felt there was some left in it so I will improve on that next time.

90cm vert and 112cm box jump don't quite add up.

90cm vert and 112cm box jump don't quite add up.

That's what I thought too, I was expecting a bigger figure. But the 90cm vert was with a run up, the box jump is stationary from a bottom squat position.

Next time will get a vid, go as high as possible and work on the technique.

Very strong correlation. If you have at least a 2x bw squat and aren't jumping near 30" vert I'd say you lucked out in the genetic department.

Seems like it, I'm no where near 2x bw, 1.7 (full oly squat, not low-bar). I've always naturally been relatively fast but weak.

Last edited: