• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

box height/s for box squats ?

lex

I'm 6 foot.

Whats a good height or heights for the box for box squats.

Done more than a few at various gyms but never measured the height.

Thanks but I did already google before asking. Just didn't put enough info in the first post.

I don't have the space to have a set so trying to work out if better off with 60cm ,55cm , 50 cm or 45cm.

45 seems a bit low for the moment(mobility), 60 a bit to easy.

Going to do a welding course in nov/dec if I can fit it in with work
once uni study finishes in early nov. So should be able to make it up myself.
But want to get one to use now.

Your squat technique can have a big difference on how low you have to squat to break parrallel. I would have the box height set so you atleast break parrallel by an inch or 2

I'm roughly the same height as the original poster and use a box to less than 40cm to get the right depth.

Work on ankle mobility?

Im also 6ft.

I have plenty of lifters come in with mobility issues, especially ankle. Luckily, its the easiest one to try and improve.

I'm working on it , its slowly improving a little.

Problem is right heal lifts on hitting parallel and on initial lift from floor on deadlifts (avoid that with rack deadlifts 4 inchhigh).

Its partially fused from motorbike accident.
Ankle was rebuilt using muscle/tendon from right forearm.

If you use the right technique, you need very little ankle mobility to make depth.... Though it will somewhat depend on specific levers.

Do you squat low bar?

If you use the right technique, you need very little ankle mobility to make depth.... Though it will somewhat depend on specific levers.

Do you squat low bar?

yes but not comfortably , working on shoulder mobility to get the position comfortable.

Been mostly doing front squats lately and a lot of kettlebell squats and deadlifts. Hip mobility has improved quite a bit

I would think that front squats would call for more dorsi-flexsion than back squats, especially low bar squats.

Maybe sick with RDL/ SLDL until you sort the mobility?