• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bosses Who Work Out Are Nicer

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Bosses Who Work Out Are Nicer

Employees rated supervisors who worked out as less abusive than their sedentary counterparts. Christopher Intagliata reports

We've all heard exercise is good for your physical and mental well-being. But a good workout can actually influence the mental well-being of others, too. Because bosses who hit the gym tend to be less abusive to their employees. That's according to a study in the Journal of Business and Psychology. [James P. Burton, Jenny M. Hoobler and Melinda L. Scheuer, "Supervisor Workplace Stress and Abusive Supervision: The Buffering Effect of Exercise"]
Researchers asked 98 MBA students who were also employed full-time to rate how their supervisors treated them, by responding to statements like "[my boss] puts me down in front of others." The researchers also had supervisors fill out a different survey, about their stress levels and weekly exercise. And, as the authors expected, the more stressed-out supervisors were, the more their employees felt belittled by them. But the employees felt better about bosses who exercised, whether it was yoga, cardio or weight lifting. And just one or two days a week did the trick.
Exercise didn't simply melt away the stress—bosses who worked out reported feeling just as much pressure as their sedentary counterparts. Active bosses just spared subordinates the verbal attacks. So next time you feel like telling your boss to take a hike, it might actually be sound advice!
—Christopher Intagliata

Bosses Who Work Out Are Nicer: Scientific American Podcast

Bullshit I train my bosses and one of them swears at me, says she hates me, whilst both give me dirty looks all the time.

my boss trains and is a great bloke to work with , but i don;t think it is because of training i think it's more to do with him not giving a crap

Every one on my shift loves me because I train or it's the free pizza on night shift either way we all get along really well we even have a and beers every other month

well, my teams always loved me.

not sure if it was my regular workouts, my "endearing" weirdness or maybe because I always baked them cakes and cookies :D:D

I run a small business... I think a healthy lifestyle has great flow on effects. Releasing stress at he gym rather than on your employees is win/ win!