• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Boosting metabolism and breaking plateu

M

MADDYSMUM

Hi guys
been a while since i posted on the site, a lot going on...anyway

Wanted to say hi and also wanted some pointers to losing BF when your weight had stalled! I am training pretty hard, eating clean (maybe too clean) and wanted to know what i can do to boost my metabolism! Been eating clean forever!
cheat meal maybe?

Definitely cheat meal. I can't say for sure but it's very possible that your metabolism has set itself to what your eating and doing now. So boost the calories for a bit and swing back up and down. Your body will have no choice but to lose bodyfat!

thank you very much gareer!
was thinking of having one tonight after my interval training. You think this will be ok? if so, what would be considered as ok to eat?

Maddy others will go into more detail but the important this is to stop your body producing hormones which out your body into starvation mode. Insulin (I'm fairly sure) is one of those.

In terms of what to eat....eat anything you like! Is there something you've been craving? Have it. It's as simple as that. Cheat meals are cheat meals that boost your metabolism and keep you psychologically happy to keep eating healthy. So just go for it!

My favourite cheat meal used to be coconut jam drops from woolies. They were sooo nice. Otherwise maybe go and have a nice dinner and dessert with your partner if you have one. Good luck

Hmm I'm thinking either buckwheat pancakes or pizza ! God help me.

Thanks again for your help.
Posted via Mobile Device

Take a week off from dieting and resume again. This is what I do when fat loss stall and it always starts again after a week or even 5 days off.

LEPTIN is the hormone which plays a key role in regulating energy intake and energy expenditure, including appetite and metabolism. Eating low fat etc all the time will send this hormone into hibernation making your body become use to low calories and therefore it will distribute the energy etc accordingly. I have founf when dieting although I dont have many cheat meals I still like to keep my fats up.. Olive oil etc.. this usually ensure the weight keeps falling off.
In saying that best way to wake up mr Leptin is to as others have said have a cheat day once a week where you eat whatever you want high fats etc then eat strict the rest of the week.... The weight will fall off.

Take a week off from dieting and resume again. This is what I do when fat loss stall and it always starts again after a week or even 5 days off.

So me eating Hotdogs and Pizza for the last 2 weeks is a good thing right? :p

Let us know how your cheat meal goes Maddy and whether it has a positive effect on your fat loss.

My favorite cheat meals are Pizza and Pancakes haha!

Scoobysworkshop.com has a pretty cool carb cycling plan on it. It's basically a four day cycle where you eat clean foods all the time but you have a day on increased carbs and fat, it's not a blowout day though it's just moderating what your body needs and when. I like it anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

The best way would probably be to increase your calories to maintenance for one week, this would normally reset your metabolism.