• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodyfat and performance

Based on some of the numbers you guys are throwing around I'm thinking there might need to be some adjustment of what bodyfat levels visually look like

Eg the below photo, sure he has flexed his abs but this is 13.7% bodyfat.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402475241.150060.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ Everyone is different. I look like that at 10% or less. Definitely not 13%.

For the natural trainer getting that balance of low BF and keeping strength can be tough. Either by themselves is fairy simple.

I can guarantee that strength loss from 2-4 weeks of very low calories would not come back the instant I increase calories.
This is good info. I'm trying to drop weight slowly now and I seem to be maintaining most of my strength (pressed 80x3 yesterday, pressed 80x3 about a month ago .... but I had a little more left in the tank then). That's ok.

I've tried dropping weight quickly and I succeeded but also lost a lot of strength I did not get back immediately. I lost it most on bench.

Trying to do a lot of heavy doubles/triples/4s now as I drop weight. Hoping that 'gives the muscle a reason to stick around'.