• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I've heard many times you need to hit calfs more and more often if you struggle with growth down there. Include different calf routines and really annihilate them with every workout.

I've come up with a method for overcoming some of the common issues with certain popular training methods, I haven't seen anyone come close to solving. Perhaps some top trainers have but haven't disclosed it to the general public.
Now I'm working on overcoming the lifting/cardio conundrum. Yes, I can hear nay-sayers, and you maybe white!

Last edited:
I'm trying to get doing more cardio, not just walking. Perhaps superset full body routine. Problem is that's not great for strength and size.

Correct. Even though I'm doing Upper/Lower split I still don't feel as cardio vascularly fit when training.
The Upper/Lower isn't producing as much of a systemic response as I'd like.

You can't superset Benches ( or Push Ups) with Rows can you? The fatigueing of the Lats would put added stress on the Shoulder joint due to the Lats supporting the Shoulder joint during Benches hey?

Ask [MENTION=3627]Goosey[/MENTION] he'll know.

Dips and Chins superset - no way hey. Not just coz Lats are used in Dips too hey?

Every individual will respond differently in some way but I think that's one of the downsides with split training

Could you include powerlifting/stronfman type conditioning work. Sled pushes, farmers walks etc? Or in the potention for injury too high?

You don't have to superset for conditioning but keep your rest period between exercises brief, 50 secs or less.

Yep Darkoz. That's one of the benefits of Full Body. Will look at rest periods too.
Thank Ironduke, but I was trying to avoid adding in the extra cardio session. I might just do a small amount of cardio pre training, then tack on some more post training. Not ideal for either strength, size or cardio but I'll play with it.
Cheers.