• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodybuilding & fitness Goals/Resolutions for 2014

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
With 2013 quickly come to an end and 2014 just around the corner, now is a good time to set out your fitness goals and resolutions for the new year

have you reached your 2013 goals?
What are your 2014 goals

Still a month to go, my abs are the closet they been to showing themselves in my life. Next years goals is to squat 160kg bench 120kg and Deadlift 220kg pretty much PL goal orientated.

I want to drop a weight class but not a priority.
2014 is the year of the legs I reckon!

looking forward to a year of training at between 85kg and 90kg, hopefully getting back to recent years bests on bench and squats at a much lighter bodyweight.

At the end of next season I'd like to go on a fairly big cut and see how lean I can get - have not done this for a few years.

Lightest ive been in the last 4 years was 90kgs.

Really happy with how 2013 has gone. Started the powelifting thing 12 months ago and am a lot stronger; but still a long way to go! Started to pl as a means of getting stronger for my cycling, now I barely ride coz I love lifting so much; it has taken over my life lol.

Started 2013 at 71kg (was 68kg in October 2012). Today I sit at 77kg, with good growth all over but no increase in waist size. Abs still showing so reckon I am around the 10-12% mark (never had a dexa so just guessing).

In 2014 I want to do a couple of pl comps at 75kg. That's the main aim. Gotta get my lifts up a lot though before that's reality.
Wanna hit a 200 dl, get my squat above 150 and bench above 120 in the early part of 2014.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Get to 80kg BW, Squat 150kg and improve my deadlift PB.

All goals for 2013 completed already :)

2013 goal was to reach 110kg by Dec 31, think gonna come short here.
2014 goal is to rip back down to 100kg, and see an ab or 2, by end of march. (this is the hard part for me as i love food and beer)

Progress slowly but surely.

Not let myself climb over 100kg again (or 115kg, agh)

Not let lifting / dieting dominate my life too much.... Have time to do other things... Latin dancing, cooking classes, learning a language, travelling etc....

Just started going back to the gym.

My goal for 2014 is gain 10kgs by end of 2014 (hopefully that is realistic).

Also an added bonus of getting my bodyfat under 20% (more closer to 15%). Current at 22%.

I can't even remember what goals I had this year, other than to compete more than once in powerlifting, which I've done, and hit PB's each time, which I've done. I think I wanted to gain 10kg of muscle this year...that hasn't happened, although based on people's comments, it seems I've gained some muscle along the way. I don't think I'll be setting any goals for the whole of 2014.

At least a 280 deadlift, did 260 yesterday for a 5kb PB at Capo Deadlift Comp

160 Raw Bench, and be able to handle 140 on my own for 3 x 3.

260 squat with wraps

Drop a few percentage points of bodyfat throughout summer whilst holding onto my strength, then gaintain through winter targetting weak bodyparts for hypertrophy. Potentially get back on the bodybuilding stage towards the end of 2014.

Hopefully attend the Layne Norton VIP camp and FitX in Melbourne next year, cost is a bit prohibitive currently @ 1800 per ticket, but my previous prep coach Ben Esgro is a speaker there and I have massive respect for Layne, Paul Revellia and all the other experts he is bringing down for it.

good stuff [MENTION=12532]myst[/MENTION];
Go in as many obstacle races as possible, try and do the tough mudder in a few cities.
Happy with my diet & physique, so training & food will stay relatively similiar.

congratulations on declaring your failures to the entire world and admitting that you'd already procrastinated on doing something about it until some arbitrary moment in time

Made good progress in my lifts mainly in the last three month, hoping to add more to that and to tighten my diet up a bit more.

RESULTS ARE IN FOR 2013:

Dead Lift 180kg (395lb) to 195kg (430lb)

Strict shoulder press 75kg (165lb) to 80kg (175lb)

Bench Press 130kg (285lb) to 136kg (300lb)

Squat 155kg (340lb) to 170kg (375lb)

Keeping in mind that strength has never really been a priority but more a hobby of mine lately, I don't compete or intend to compete so doing it only for myself.

Hoping for a 220kg dead lift, 150kg Bench Press and 185kg squat some time next year.

Still not great lifts but not bad for an old bloke training in his back yard for half an hour after work a few times a week:p