• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Bodybuilding Exercise : Chest

No....

I focus on the bar,... and pushing it as far from me as I am able, when I start to struggle I actually focus on my arms or my elbows and getting them to move! Being able to see what is sopposed to be moving makes it easier to focus on...

My chest doesnt stop me from benching my tri's do. I never get a burn in my actual chest but then again i only do incline and once a week.

boops on a man is a no go unless u have the walkers to back it up.

maybe you guys can help me, my chest development is going well, i am gaining, however upper chest is very stubborn and will not grow. I am aiming for that crease look in the long term,have been working towards it for some time now but still no go.

Any ideas?

maybe you guys can help me, my chest development is going well, i am gaining, however upper chest is very stubborn and will not grow. I am aiming for that crease look in the long term,have been working towards it for some time now but still no go.

Any ideas?

When doing incline press, try bringing the dumbells down next to your head instead of next to your chest. Make sure your chest is sky high and fully expanded. If you go too heavy, your delts will take over.

When doing incline press, try bringing the dumbells down next to your head instead of next to your chest. Make sure your chest is sky high and fully expanded. If you go too heavy, your delts will take over.

i find it a bit harder to contract the back like i do on flat when using dumbells, any tips??

Also my bench doesn't have the shorter j hook so i do have to lift up first, it is still possilbe to re tighten after i have lifted it up yea?

Why is this even a thread?

Lower pecs? Middle pecs? Burn and pump? Cable crossovers? Just get under the damn bar or Dbs and press heavy. Want upper chest? Do heavy incline presses.

Want upper chest separation? Press heavy and lose some bf%.

Why is this even a thread?
It's a thread because some people esp guys just new to bodybuilding can see some demonstrations and or literature on how to perform chest exercises and a discussion about different aspects of chest development.

Really, why is your question a question?

Touche.

I just believe some people really try to over-think chest training. Apologies for douchieness.

Last edited:
What are your opinions on incline flyes? Do they engage the delts as much as incline bench?

Any exercise that forces the arm across the body will engage the floppers

Simple.

If you really need to know what muscles are exercised you need to understand which muscle are fully stretched and pay attention to what path is travelled to the fully contracted position.

Understand this concept and you're half way home.
Posted via Mobile Device

No, I got your point. And I'm not blaming Vegas for over-thinking it. The damage has been done countless bodybuilding magazines over the decades.

Vegas, and others, may find this link useful.

Exercise & Muscle Directory

It's got a whole list of exercises for different body parts and tells you the primary muscles being worked, as well as the synergist muscles.

A point to note - I've found a few studies posted online that suggest you get better pectoralis major activation/muscle fibre recruitment on the bench press than any flye variation (they took into account that you can bench more than you can flye)
So if you want to feel a 'burn' in your chest, getter bigger triceps and bench more