• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

bodybuilders in IT (information technology)

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
so how many on Ausbb work in IT ? , how do your peers respond when you tell them you are into muscle building?
considering the stereotype of IT workers being scrawny

I work in IT... for a nursing home now. Worked all over the place though.

Being 6'4" i have been told i am the most intimidating person they have ever met... which i laugh at.

I do think the stereotypical IT guy as a fat bastard is always on my mind. I need to work out, get bigger so i don't... get bigger.

I used to worry about working in IT seeing how inactive you are during the day. You're basically burning zero calories for most of the day just sitting there.

However on the other hand, it's very predictable and routine, which I now use to my advantage. It's incredibly easy to have your meals/shakes/pre workout at an exact time everyday. Where other jobs I've worked you kind of just eat when you get time.

I wouldn't call myself a bodybuilder and don't think anyone would think of me as one, especially at work. I do get the odd question though as to why I'm filling up a shaker in the morning instead of having coffees overloaded with sugar like everyone else. Or how can I possibly eat such a big lunch with no 'flavour' without getting bored.

long time lurker.........

I work in IT and it is great for being able to have all your food organised and eat when ever you want. However the lack of movement is worrying so I tend to go out at lunch and go for a walk (about 20min).
I have lost count of the number of times that ppl are surprised I work in IT. They always assume I am a tradie of some kind.
Wouldnt call myself a bodybuilder either, just like to lift weights.

I dont like to touch a computer outside of work hrs unless it is necessary.

IT worker here too but not a BB'er (though I know of an IT manager who is). I agree its good in that it's easy to plan meal times, shakes, mobility work etc at the same time every day. It does kind of suck that the job is so movement limited though, unless I'm moving and installing workstations.

I do get the comments from other staff about why do I have so many protein shakes etc etc, probably because I'm not aesthetic.

I work for an IT Company - Not many people train at my work (which is surprising) - so I get comments pretty much everyday - just funny side comments.

My work is so fast faced that sometimes I wont leave my desk for hours/sometimes I wont even go on lunch - I am not so focused on getting X amount of meals in as I used to but I could fairly easily if I wanted to. You of course know pretty much the structure of the day aswell - unless there are unplanned meetings etc.

I used to be manager of a health store - this was a perfect environment for a bodybuilder - sitting in the backroom - sometimes laying in the back room half sleeping haha watching movies, tv shows etc etc - I was eating every 2-3 hours, somtimes training at lunch (having an extra long lunch) - needless to say this was the best condition I have ever been in haha....

I don't think a disproportionate number of people here being in IT is weird, IT people do like forums.

I don't think a disproportionate number of people here being in IT is weird, IT people do like forums.

That's for sure.

I work in IT and train hard.
My work day usually consists of more supplement shopping, forum browsing and reading research than actual working lol

My boss makes little jokes but that's the dynamic in our workplace.
Everyone cops jokes within the team.

Like others have said, it's great for meal timing. As long as I'm not busy, I can keep my 3hr eating schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having worked in IT for the last 10 years, most blokes that work in IT that I know of are either overweight or morbidly obese

And the average weight ones, have or are heading towards the overweight side of things.

I gained 80kgs within 2 years and lost 82kgs in 15 months, working in IT.

I have just left the job for something more active now.

These days people are surprised I have a nerd degree. I've only worked in IT for 13 months since I finished uni 9 years ago though.

I expect any office bound job would have the same reactions to protein shakes, lifting etc. Most people who like being active will look for an active job.

I have one late morning between breakfast and lunch instead of a coffee.

Then I go straight to the gym after work. So I have another shake post workout.

You will normally find bodybuilders will try and find jobs that limit activity during the day, office jobs, personal trainers, supplement shops etc - every bodybuilder I have known has seeked out a very non-active jobs haha...