• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Body Weight VS. Barbell/dumbell weight

B

bifco

What are your thoughts on body weight excercises ( pull ups, push ups, chin ups, sqauts, dips....etc)as apposed to lifting weights in the gym.

Personally I think there has to be a balance, sure bodyweight is good but it comes to a point where it no longer stacks up

the all issue with training is progressive Resistance . that is why to keep progressing eventually added Resistance is needed.

Added resistance could be in the form of extra reps, less recovery time between sets as well as extra weight.

and what do you do after you can squat 100 times your body weight?

bw is cool up to a certain point - fitness , cool.
bodybuilding or mass , that is a bit different.

BW is good if there isnt any weights available but then again i grew stronger slowing down reps and more contraction on body weight exercises.
slower movement, anything to add more stress its great if you dont have access to weights.
i mite add more to my routine .

and what do you do after you can squat 100 times your body weight?

bw is cool up to a certain point - fitness , cool.
bodybuilding or mass , that is a bit different.

I'd be over the moon if I could squat 3 times my body weight!!! Stuff that twice would be good:D:D:D

Look at a male gymnasts' upper body, they are freakish.
And they are not bodybuilders.
Their legs aren't the best, so you would need to add weight to develop them better.

my father who was an Eastern European gymnast used weights even in the 60s.
gymnast do train with weights .
or you believe as well to the article that states that there is no test abuse in Olympic gymnastics.
their extraordinary physic is also attributed to lots of negatives( compare to rowers for instance)