• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Body for Life.

OK so here are my best lifts to date. Just keep
in mind that the 'best' I'm talking abot is on the
4th set when the weight is at maximum load.

Upper Body
Flat bench - 55lbs x 6 (DB's)
Seated Shoulder Press - 30lbs x 6 (DB's)
Lat Pull Downs - 120lbs x 6
Lying Tricep Ext - 15Kg's x 6 (BB)
Preacher Curls - 22kg's x 6 (BB)

Lower Body
Squats (unassisted) - 65kg (+bar??) x 6
Lying Ham curl - 55lbs x 6
Standing Calf Raises - 160lbs x 6

Thanks
Devante.

Monday
Squat 3x8
Press 3x6
sldl 3x10
row 3x8

Wednesday
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Dead 5x5

Friday
Squat 1x20
clean 5x3
press 5x3
curl 3x6

Have fun... There is nothingmore homosexual in the english language then 'calfraises"

That's a good program Noobs has posted there Devante.

Give it a crack or try PTC's beginner program.

Strive to continually up they weight and you're set.

I like calf raises :)

ctgay2ad.jpg

Thanks for all your feed back.

Yes I'm back at the gym from Monday
(I took this entire week OFF). For another
12 weeks. I will change my exercises
around and try for even more weight.

As I said I'm still not where I want to
be (especially with the amount of fat
around my six pac).

But it's the start of an amazing journey
I feel. :D

Devante.

What are you planning on doing now? I think PTC or Fadi's beginners programs on here would do you some good.

Monday
Squat 3x8
Press 3x6
sldl 3x10
row 3x8

Wednesday
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Dead 5x5

Friday
Squat 1x20
clean 5x3
press 5x3
curl 3x6

Have fun... There is nothingmore homosexual in the english language then 'calfraises"

he'd last a month doing that before burning out. way too much volume.

My best gains on the deadlift (100-170kg 5RM) were made deadlifting 1x5 a week.

When I lifted on 5x5 I spent 5 months with my 160kg 5RM deadlift getting nowhere before regressing. I then started again with 1x5 and got to 190kg for 10 reps before I switched to monthly programming.

Im someone who can tolerate just about anything but 5x5 straight across like that isnt a good way of organizing things for all but the most rank novice.

My best gains on the deadlift (100-170kg 5RM) were made deadlifting 1x5 a week.

When I lifted on 5x5 I spent 5 months with my 160kg 5RM deadlift getting nowhere before regressing. I then started again with 1x5 and got to 190kg for 10 reps before I switched to monthly programming.

Im someone who can tolerate just about anything but 5x5 straight across like that isnt a good way of organizing things for all but the most rank novice.

Got me to where i am... With my hormones

If i can do it anyone can.

If not theres always

Does this guy look like an advanced lifter?

ConcreteRecycler3.jpg

A lot more goes into recovery than just hormones noobs.

Its a bit hard for me to agree your program will work for everyone when I've done 5x5 variations for the last one and a half years and can tell you from experience that that amount of volume would fry me.

Perhaps the 10 cups of coffee a day isnthelping your CNS with the load?

There are alot of variables.. It isnt just the training..

My guess is cns fried from caffeine and not enough food intake for your metabolism.. Judging from your size your not eating over over surpluss off calories for the workload but that is just a thought..

Like I said many variables.. You could be eating everything some people dont gain from that.

All things to consider...

The hormones are the basis...

Guys on gear can be in an anabolic state when in a calorie deficit....

Last edited by a moderator:
Do what? Calf raises?

Im at no level to even warrent those exercises.. They have their place but not at my level or the majority of peoples levels here...

Noobs,

At the time I was not drinking that much coffee. I would drink 3L of milk on average a day and I was easily getting 2g of protein per pound of bodyweight per day.

Another big one along with hormones - joint structure. This is why endos make for good powerlifters.

Why not simply recommend PTC's workout or starting strength rather than hitting him with a botched version of 5x5?

Noobs,

At the time I was not drinking that much coffee. I would drink 3L of milk on average a day and I was easily getting 2g of protein per pound of bodyweight per day.

Another big one along with hormones - joint structure. This is why endos make for good powerlifters.

Why not simply recommend PTC's workout or starting strength rather than hitting him with a botched version of 5x5?

Because thats what markos gave me and thats what i did. And thats what allowed me to pull 200 x 5 tonight so i know it works at making a little bit of strength...

Gents,

I'm finally settled at my new suburb and Joined
gym on Monday.. :eek:

Hoping to make some major gains lifting/muscle and
aesthetic wise. DAMN I want a six pac and not the
spare tire that I have now.

So resurrecting this post. Going with what n00bs's
program to see the effects.

Thanks
Devante.