• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BN Protein

ironman007

Has anyone had the latest batch of protein from Bulk Nutrients??? definitely tasted different to the last batches. Thinking of making the switch! Just got home from the gym and tried to smash down a shake and defintely different. Lucky I had some left over proflex which is definitely better stuff.

The last batch of biobulker I bought was definatly different (for worse) than the previous batches. This is going back towards the end of last year so maybe they have made another change?

hmmmmmm. Yeh I've found the bioflex stuff actually has gotten better since last year Gary but BN goin downhill...does cheap mean quality?!? Thinking of sticking to the name brand.

Gotta agree here.
Got some Stawberry and Choc WPC recently, it's so sweet and almost just a sugary taste.
Not really close to the strawberry and chocholate taste I was wanting.
When protein tastes good I always want to drink more.
Happy to pay a little extra for a nice taste, might as well enjoy the drink.

right on Hulk! As I said did enjoy the proflex and I think it comes form the same company, it's a mix though. Bit disappointing in all honesty on the BN stuff

I'm loving the BN Pre Workout NT though.
And I actually like the lemon type taste of it too.
The only pre work out which actually works for me of the 5 or 6 I've tried.

I am currently using Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey protein, Vanilla flavour and still have about 2kg left, payed about $130 for 4.5kg, thats around $29 per kilo, it tastes ok but I am not a huge fan. Bulk nutrients have the same/similar product (the WPI Protein powder) for $39 per kg plus postage. or $139 for the 5kg pack, working out at $27.80 per kilo plus postage.

I also use Max's Nite time protein, which I get for $66 per kilo delivered to my front door overnight, the taste is absolutely awsome, and it's the same every time, I actually really look forward to having this stuff (will be having it in about 15 minutes:p), Bulk Nutrients sell a similar product for $59 plus postage, which will work out around the same price (possibly more), as the one I currently love the taste of.

I am new here and was planning to order some protein from Bulk Nutrients, but after comparing prices and reading feed back about inconsistant taste and working out that really it is no cheaper than the 'commercial' stuff from Vitamin King and the like I am seriously considering holding off till I learn a bit more.

On the other hand I was also looking at buying some amino acids, such as BCAA's and a pre work out formula of some sort (have tried Jacked3d and naNO vapor and was not happy with either), and bulk nutrients appears to be awsome value for money on both of these products, and I will be placing an order shortly:)

Thats the one I want to order!

I am just looking for the best bang for $$$, not trying to criticize anyone, just pointing out my findings and awaiting feed back before committing my hard earned.

Last edited:
Hey guys, maybe I can throw this question in here to about the nutritional value of the BN protein specifically the unfloavoured stuff. I just found a WPC seller on ebay and their protein is from Fonterra and the protein is 76.7g/100g whereas BN is 81.3. The ebay seller makes this claim on the page

"The whey protein market is a very competitive one. One gimmick used by sellers of this product is "adjusting" the nutritional info so it shows higher levels of protein or using what is called "dry basis" calculations which is a purely theoretical calculation. We have displayed below the official nutritional info as supplied by Fonterra Foods based on "as is" basis which is exactly what you are buying. Challenge anyone claiming to sell Fonterra Foods brand of Whey Protein Concentrate which shows the protein levels higher than ours. Do not kid yourself thinking theirs is a better product. It is not. For further info you can contact Fonterra Foods and find out the official figures. Fonterra foods is the Australian manufacturer of this product. "

So what nutritional values is BN showing on their website?

This is the ebay sellers link
10kg Pure WPC Whey Protein Concentrate- Legit Nutrients | eBay

And I actually like the lemon type taste of it too.
The only pre work out which actually works for me of the 5 or 6 I've tried.

I agree too with the Hulk but you guys tried the Biocharge for bioflex? For 2 bucks more if you use the ausbb code ;) it's got a hydration matrix and I feel helps me train alot better and for longer. I felt the preworkout nt and so did a few of my mates, dried me out a bit and was parch during my training sessions

Hey Guys,

If you have bought WPI from us in the last few weeks there is a chance that the WPI which was supplied was our latest batch of U.S sourced WPI.

In the last month or so our demand for WPI has absolutely gone through the roof and unfortunately as we were caught short had to go with a few tonnes of U.S stock. N.Z whey is extremely thin on the ground at the moment, as Fonterra have diverted a lot of their efforts from Cheese making into skim milk and other milk based products.

As whey is a by product of the cheese making process, this has meant there has been a mass shortage the world over of N.Z WPI - a real pity as it is always our first choice.

Anyway, the last lot of WPI which we used very temporarily will not be used again, it has now all been finished and we are once again running a great mixing, very neutral WPI as we always have.
If anyone did get some of the last lot and was unhappy, let us know when you next order and we will do our bets to make it up to you!

Regarding the specs on the WPC. Fonterra make WPC in Tasmania as well as NZ with most our ours coming from Tasmania as that is where we are based.
Every time we order from Fonterra the spec numbers will vary somewhat, and obviously for labelling purposes it isn't logical to update them all the time.

Thanks for this and just checked it out, all I can is WINNING!!!!!!!! I guess on the labelling maybe it's best to put the average content of protein rather than the 'top' value if that is ever reached as it could be quite misleading.

You're welcome mate, I'm gonna give them a shot too!

i bought some banana wpc which tastes ok, but the smell is very overpowering. it stung my nose the first time a smelt it, and whenever i open the protein bucket it stinks up the whole room!

Yeah the flavoring is real strong and will stink the room out if you leave it open.

Getting sick of the flavours to be honest, wouldn't mind something like choc mint, cookies and cream, things to keep it exciting. When you have a few shakes a day you start to hate them.

Looking at trying some WPI though!

i usually buy their WPI, i've tried their choc, strawberry (pretty strong smell too, nothing compared to the banana wpc though) and vanilla wpi all which taste great in water. thought i'd try the wpc, i won't buy it again lol..

i'd like to see a choc honeycomb flavour, my first protein i bought was MAX's XTG choc honeycomb, best tasting protein i've ever had..

I am currently using Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey protein, Vanilla flavour and still have about 2kg left, payed about $130 for 4.5kg, thats around $29 per kilo, it tastes ok but I am not a huge fan. Bulk nutrients have the same/similar product (the WPI Protein powder) for $39 per kg plus postage. or $139 for the 5kg pack, working out at $27.80 per kilo plus postage.

QUOTE]

Mick, just to elaborate on this.
The Optimum Nutrition product is a WPC/WPI blend which comes in at around 80% protein.

This has a similar level of protein and more carbohydrates than our WPC which is $99 for 5kg.

The Optimum Nutrition product is not comparable to our WPI which is an absolutely pure Isolate. Pure Isolates as raw proteins are much more expensive (and pure than concentrates) which is why they have around 1g fats and carbs per 100g.

Guys, we are supplement manufacturers who do our utmost to get things tailored to customers needs. Our proteins have been developed over the last few years to match people's tastes and if they are not what suits you, just let us know.
The range at the moment is exremely popular but that doesn't mean we can't improve them further if that is what our customers want.

Once established in our new factory we will have a lot more room which will mean more flavours and many more exciting offerings, in terms of new flavours we'd love to hear what people want.

QUOTE]

Mick, just to elaborate on this.
The Optimum Nutrition product is a WPC/WPI blend which comes in at around 80% protein.

This has a similar level of protein and more carbohydrates than our WPC which is $99 for 5kg.

The Optimum Nutrition product is not comparable to our WPI which is an absolutely pure Isolate. Pure Isolates as raw proteins are much more expensive (and pure than concentrates) which is why they have around 1g fats and carbs per 100g.

Cool thanks for the explanation, so the WPI you guys sell is a purer form of a better quality than the ON one I am currently using??? is that correct??

Like I said earlier, I will need to buy some more protein, when the time comes and am open to suggestions.

Already started using BN Pre Workout and BCAA's and am happy with my purchase and the price, as well as the fast service.