• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Blood type diets

Jman_898

Has anyone out there heard of this method? ive been reading a book recently which goes into some detail on how each person depending on their blood type can change how their body metabolises certain food groups better than others, including health risks and short term symptoms. For example im Type O which is supposedly most happy on a high meat and protein diet, but not so good with grains... and to my diet knowledge has made some sense... when i tend to eat too much grain foods i bloat easilly and my stomache has excess acid... but when im eating plenty of meat im much happier.... has anyone read anything else on this matter as im curious to what your opinions are? i read alot of diets and such on this forum which have a wide variety of things and when i stated in one thread that i couldnt handle the carb intake from potato's and rice that i was told to slowly adjust myself to it and always try to eat more... lol i worry that this change could be going against the grain (pun not intended), and making the body do something it doesnt want to (or so the blood type diet book reads). Thanks guys

Zero scientific evidence.

It's like horoscopes. I'm a Geminii. "Geminiis are intelligent, magnetic and charming."
"OH MY GOD THAT IS EXACTLY ME!!!1!"

"You are type O blood. You should eat more burgers."
"OH WOW THAT SEEMS SO RIGHT!!!!"

No evidence. There's a place for believing in things with no evidence for them, that's a house of worship, not the dinner table, the gym or the track.

It's bollocks.

i avoid grains because of the saponins]Error, basicly grains have a defence mechanism to stop preditors....people...from eating them. Think of it like this, if a preditor came along & ate all the wheat, then it can't produce, it's gone. but because of these saponin's, it's safe & made it's self protected. I generally also stick clear of high starchy carbs, ie white potatoe, white rice.i try to avoid jacking my insulin levels when i don't really need the energy levels. sure i love to have a lot of energy, but if i don't 'need' it, then i'll opt for a low GI or good fat option

Sorry...i should also say that blood type diet & gene type diets are bullocks....i don't think the human species has evolved that much to the extent where it matters