• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Blood Test results....

Neddysmith

Standard kunce
So when I went to the docs last week for chest issues I thought it was a good opportunity to get my bloods done and see if there was anything to worry bout.

Here are the results.....

Total Testosterone 13.7nmol/L
Vitamin D 90nmol/L
Total Cholesterol 3.9mmol/L
HDL - C 1.2mmol/L
LDL - C 2.3mmol/L
Non HDL - C 2.7mmol/L
Chol/HDL Ratio 3.2

Apparently everything is within the normal range with Vit D very high for someone not on Vit D supps, only thing I was thinking is that test is quite low, but because it is in the "normal" range it is what it is....

Is there anyway of boosting testosterone without supps?

No offence, but haven't you been drinking abit lately? I assume your caffeine intake is higher on "recovery days" as well. Doesn't both Alcohol and Caffeine effect Test levels. As does stress and lack of sleep.

Wouldn't say I have been excessive with drinking, I did have a big on the weekend, but the bloods were done prior, as for caffeine, I have 2 coffees a day, on the odd occasion 3, but yeah sleep has been lacking a bit.

So I am not discounting the fact that alcohol could be a contributing factor which is one thing I am trying to cut back on, so drinking more water and restricting to having a beer to the weekends, however, if I have a drink during the week it will only be 1 or 2 drinks at night, but like I said I am trying to reduce this as well.

All of the above (not sure about caffeine). Apparently a heavy night on the piss can affect test production for several days. What was your free test figure?

There was a note on the sheet saying

No calculated free testosterone will be reported for testosterone <0.2 or is the SHBG is outside out measuring range.

I am thinking about ringing the place and seeing if they have the full breakdown or the bloods and from doing a bit o googling it would appear they have only provided with the main components of the tests and no the full breakdowns.

without a history how can anyone say anything?

age, ped use, nutrition, training...

without a history how can anyone say anything?

age, ped use, nutrition, training...

Sure

Age - 37

PED Use - Nil

Nutrition - been trying to drop some body fat and been on approx. 2000cals a day, some people think it is too low and im not sure, I work a desk job but get to the gym during lunch time for 50min workouts roughly. I am happy to eat more if it will help me achieve my body fat loss I am after, if my metabolism may have stalled due to eating low cals for long period of time. I don't really feel like I am lacking energy, if anything, lacking a little bit of sleep due to having an 17mth old who isn't really sleeping the best.

Training - 5 days a week usually and when not at work try to keep pretty active with a mountain bike session once a week if I can, I have a couple of young kids which keep me pretty active as well away from work.

Anything else you need to know ask way

I know you mentioned no supps but Melatonin and ZMA before sleep can do wonders to increase sleep quality. Switch off TV/computer/gadgets 1hr BEFORE rolling into bed so your body gets a chance to wind down and you're not tossin' & turnin' in bed, thinking about crap.

Reduce stress, get a bit of zen in your life (meditation perhaps). I assume even on reduced cals you are getting all the nutrients you need.

A big night on the piss will affect gym performance and test levels, one or two drinks would do SFA, unless it affects your sleep by waking you up to go to the toilet thru-out the night.

The only reason my sleep has been lacking lately is due to my 17mth old daughter waking up, usually I sleep like a log, very rarely it takes me a while getting to sleep, usually within 5 - 10 mins I am out like a light and sleep right through unless I gotta pee during the night, but even then I am zombie like and on auto pilot.

So a couple of weeks back I did operate on a bout 4hrs sleep per night for most of the week coz of my daughter being crook but since then she has got better and slept much better which as a result funnily enough so have I, hahaha, usually average 8hrs sleep per night if not slightly more.

A big night on the piss will affect gym performance and test levels, one or two drinks would do SFA, unless it affects your sleep by waking you up to go to the toilet thru-out the night.

probably the biggest lie i've seen in the bb community.
vikings were big drinkers, and big meat eaters, and their genetics make up probably the best genetics for lifting!!!

so pardon my french, but squash that bullshit. sick and tired of people saying alcohol or drugs is the factor, its not, the food is the factor!

alcohol without food is way damaging, anything without food is damaging, and the right food make YOU.

THATS what you need to realise.

im not saying its ok, but i will say, blaming that for this, is wrong.
i'll let you decipher it.

edit: and don't get me started on epi-genetics! jesus!

Last edited:
Yeah I kinda agree, only thing is that just like with any psychoactive substance, eating correctly whilst on it would be pretty hard to do! So while not being the cause of the problem, as a major contributor to it (ie, not being able to eat right) it sure is.

Try getting all your macros in whilst being spun as fark, tripping like a daisy, or pissed as a raccoon.

I like the word epi-genetic. Reminds me of epi-leptic lol.

Looks like we've now got permission to get on the snakes hiss. Get into it fellas @Grunta ; @Neddysmith ; [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; etc

All those years I wasted being sober! :(

lowering your overall weight, would put less strain on when your sleeping.

that could give a significant increase if testosterone and hgh. maybe 6-8kg, judging by size/weight.

Thanks Mate,

I am trying to drop some BF, consuming 2000cals and started doing a little cardio each day prior to lifting but so far not being real successful.

I am going to start logging again both my workouts and diet through MFP just to have some accountability, but in saying this I don't think I change my diet a help of a lot, basically reducing the beers during the week, increasing protein slightly and all my carbs are coming from oats, sweet potato, broccoli.