• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BIOTEST and their Receptormax™ Exposed!

Fadi

I've copied and pasted my reply from another forum so as to benefit the members here as well.​

During my reply to you cmjk, one thing led to another and I ended up doing few hours of research (more like search to be honest) because someone was NOT honest and ended up wasting my time. For that, I’ll be exposing them here and now. It’s Biotest.​

They are still selling a product called ReceptorMax, which they claim to boost insulin sensitivity as well as androgen receptors, (this is our topic here remember)! The AR is helped out by Acetyl-L-Carnitine according to them and they sight a study to prove it.​

Here’s another web site where all the hype is copied and pasted: TMUSCLE.com | "All Powerful" Supplement Strangely enough, the study in question is referenced in the TMUSCLE site but not in the Biotest site itself. I wonder why!​

And here’s one of the studies they produce:
1. Kraemer, William J. et al. Androgenic Responses to Resistance Exercise: Effects of Feeding and L-Carnitine. Med Sci Sports Exerc. Vol. 38, No. 7, pp. 1288-96.​

I’ll give a thousand dollars ($1000) to anyone who can pull out the words Acetyl as in Acetyl- L- Carnitine in the above study, when in actuall fact Mr. Kraemer never mentioned it nor used it, but used LCLT (Tartrate) in his experiment! The funny thing is, Biotest provides the study (on the TMUSCLE.com web site) to support their claim, yet go ahead and use a different form of Carnitine in their ReceptorMax! Either use what the study has used or don’t provide the study in the first place and risk the chance of being exposed by a not so happy man (me)! I wonder what the “Renowned muscle researcher Dr. Bill Kraemer” would be saying right now to people who lie about his studies?​

Why am I going to such an extent with this? Because some famous suppliers are still selling the stuff here in Australia for $99.95 for 74 capsules, or $139.95 for 90 capsules that’s why! You’ll find the marked number (1) referring to the study I’ve mentioned but you won’t find any study provided! On Sale Now! Biotest Receptormax

Here’s the study; now please look for the word “acetyl” anything and email me when you find it to collect a $1000.​

Or here:​

If you check the prices of Carnitine, you may be surprised to find the L- Tartrate form to be the most expensive of the lot…could that be it?!​

Fadi.​

What Fadi? Are you saying supplement companies lie and fake their products??? NNNNNNEEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRRR!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Damn it Fadi has logic and scientific evidence on his side but Biotest use Thor in their marketing...... i am torn.

On a serious note, thanks for pointing out this Fadi there are probably 95% of supplements at biotest (among others) you could debunk in such an easy manner.

fadi u got to much time on ur hands lol but ur right on da ball