• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Binge eating - men

I wish I can binge like that and put some weight! I just don't have the appetite to eat more than kiddy sized portions and have to force myself to gorge every meal.

The old guilt trip won't work? I know of plenty of guys who started growing a bit of a gut, lady friend mentions something along the lines of their decreasing attraction to them, how upset they are to have these feelings... guy takes ownership and deals with it.

Guess it helps if that's really the case though.

Can be different when you're married... trying to use the 'I am not as attracted to you anymore card'

1> If that were the truth, I'd say me and Mrs. had serious issues
2> We tend not to take the advice of those closest to us sometimes, like it sub-consciously means less coming from someone we know so well (am guilty of this myself sometimes, but HATE it when the Mrs. does it to me :p)

The old guilt trip won't work? I know of plenty of guys who started growing a bit of a gut, lady friend mentions something along the lines of their decreasing attraction to them, how upset they are to have these feelings... guy takes ownership and deals with it.

Guess it helps if that's really the case though.

Generally when married this does not work, if anything it will cause further issues in the marriage.

Generally a lot of people are guilty of putting on weight when married, and women more so than men in a lot of cases.

Comes back to the old joke, "What is the difference between a girl friend and a wife?? About 25kg :p"

Generally when married this does not work, if anything it will cause further issues in the marriage.

Generally a lot of people are guilty of putting on weight when married, and women more so than men in a lot of cases.

Comes back to the old joke, "What is the difference between a girl friend and a wife?? About 25kg :p"

Well yeah, this idea coming from the unmarried here... so the next question beyond the scenario in this thread - what do you do if significant other adds a bit too much?

In fact you're hitting on one big fear I have of marriage... the get too comfortable and fat risk... having the physical desire element compromised.

Imagine I'll have 50 years to contemplate this very question one day! :p

your husband who needs assistance and support dieting and ongoing affection makes me look masculine thanks

The kids have gotten older and are quite quick to tell mummy they had Macca's last night...corroborated by the wrappings I find in the bin or the odd chip found around the drivers seat of the car.

Is your husband taking the kids to Macca's as the sole purpose of the journey, or is he dropping in to Macca's as part of the day out with the kids?

If it is the former, i.e. going out with the explicit goal to get fast food and taking the kids (leaving you at home?), then that indicates to me that he is comfortable with a non-threatening or non-judging presence which makes him feel free to indulge his fast food. He is surrounding himself with approving people, i.e. the kids, and avoiding conflict.

If it is the latter, i.e. stopping in to Macca's after a day out with the kids, then that can be seen as inconsequential. If I'm out on the road, I'd more than likely drop into Hungry Jacks, or KFC. There is nothing wrong with that, and I too am working to lose some abdominal fat, but I am not consumed by that goal at the expense of my mental health.

If he is sneaking the occasional fast food, then that's fine. If he is hitting the counter at your local Macca's several times a week, then to me that is an indication of either an addiction, or he could be punishing himself for not sticking to his training to lose the weight. I've seen the latter happen to people around me, and they've used different kinds of self-punishment from smoking, drugs, binge eating, and violent behaviour, when they were trying to kick the habit of smoking, drugs, binge eating, and violent behaviour.

The mind will always go back to whatever it did in the past to feel happy. It doesn't matter to the mind if that is a good activity or a bad activity; the mind will always go back to it until you discover why you were compelled to do that activity in the first place. This is a heavy sh*t, deep personal discovery you have to undertake to get to the root cause of why you do things. Your husband can benefit, and indeed every one else in this world, by reflecting on why you "did it" in the first place.

I need more information on what's going on in his mind to try and home in on the root cause.

Is your husband taking the kids to Macca's as the sole purpose of the journey, or is he dropping in to Macca's as part of the day out with the kids?

If it is the former, i.e. going out with the explicit goal to get fast food and taking the kids (leaving you at home?), then that indicates to me that he is comfortable with a non-threatening or non-judging presence which makes him feel free to indulge his fast food. He is surrounding himself with approving people, i.e. the kids, and avoiding conflict.

If it is the latter, i.e. stopping in to Macca's after a day out with the kids, then that can be seen as inconsequential. If I'm out on the road, I'd more than likely drop into Hungry Jacks, or KFC. There is nothing wrong with that, and I too am working to lose some abdominal fat, but I am not consumed by that goal at the expense of my mental health.

If he is sneaking the occasional fast food, then that's fine. If he is hitting the counter at your local Macca's several times a week, then to me that is an indication of either an addiction, or he could be punishing himself for not sticking to his training to lose the weight. I've seen the latter happen to people around me, and they've used different kinds of self-punishment from smoking, drugs, binge eating, and violent behaviour, when they were trying to kick the habit of smoking, drugs, binge eating, and violent behaviour.

The mind will always go back to whatever it did in the past to feel happy. It doesn't matter to the mind if that is a good activity or a bad activity; the mind will always go back to it until you discover why you were compelled to do that activity in the first place. This is a heavy sh*t, deep personal discovery you have to undertake to get to the root cause of why you do things. Your husband can benefit, and indeed every one else in this world, by reflecting on why you "did it" in the first place.

I need more information on what's going on in his mind to try and home in on the root cause.

@Enceladus; = psychotherapist kunce :)

I just binged......after my egg white omelette for breakfast which was filled with mushroom, onion, capsicum, ham and tomato goodness.....and my pumpkin soup lunch....

I treated myself to a massive chicken kebab with onion, mushroom olives and a sprinkle of cheese as my pre-workout stimulant before tonight's shoulder hit out....

Oh the guilt!!!!!

Last edited: