• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Single Ply Squats

Sherro

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okJsdryPBNU&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Joe Norman squatting 815, 910, 1005 in Single ply gear. Any of you PA guys have opinions on depth?

yeah- I hate judging videos- but I would say they wouldn't pass IPF, they look a few inches high.
Is this dude USPF? Just asking because some of the US guys who say they hit numbers in single ply but in USPF single ply means single ply plus briefs. In my book thats no where near the same as single ply by IPF definitions. A tight pair of briefs is almost as good as a squat suit. So, call me a purist, but briefs plus single ply is actually double ply. Strong dude for sure.

Last edited:
this is a single ply squat

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Cpf9OcTWg]YouTube - Malanichev Andrey, squat 470kg[/ame]

Yea look that 2nd guy wins. I didn't think joe's would pass ipf and Spritcha i have a feeling he is wearing briefs as well.

1056lbs. Crazy Russians. He has such a narrow grip for a big guy. Do we know what he got red lighted for?

yeah- I hate judging videos- but I would say they wouldn't pass IPF, they look a few inches high.
Is this dude USPF? Just asking because some of the US guys who say they hit numbers in single ply but in USPF single ply means single ply plus briefs. In my book thats no where near the same as single ply by IPF definitions. A tight pair of briefs is almost as good as a squat suit. So, call me a purist, but briefs plus single ply is actually double ply. Strong dude for sure.
This is slightly off track, but curious, in RAW lifting events are skins allowed (like bike pants), just wondering because i wear them when i squat, seems to make my DOMS less the next day.

Andrey's squat is intense, so fast on the way up.

This is slightly off track, but curious, in RAW lifting events are skins allowed (like bike pants), just wondering because i wear them when i squat, seems to make my DOMS less the next day.

I don't know about the rule but they should have the same effect if you just put them on afterwards.

Last edited:
Andrey's squat is intense, so fast on the way up.

I don't know about the rule but they should have the same effect if you just put them on afterwards.
hmm, that should make sense, ill try next time i squat

I know that compression clothes like Skins aren't allowed in IPF Raw, as I've asked them that same question.