• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big on a Budget

I got 1.5kg beef mince for $7.20. Pasta + sauce for $10. Lasts a couple of days, easy enough.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

When I was a teen I would just get shit like -

Milk Powder
Tuna
Cheap meat
Rice/pasta
whatever was on sale really

The missus manages a Woolworths. Every night within a couple of hours of closing, the roast chooks are discounted by 50%, they then get further reduced as closing time approaches.

Last week I picked up 2 roast chooks for $3 each.

A bit painful as you have to go to the supermarket late and hope they still have some, but if you're desperate enough for a cheap protein source its worth a crack.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

The missus manages a Woolworths. Every night within a couple of hours of closing, the roast chooks are discounted by 50%, they then get further reduced as closing time approaches.

Last week I picked up 2 roast chooks for $3 each.

A bit painful as you have to go to the supermarket late and hope they still have some, but if you're desperate enough for a cheap protein source its worth a crack.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I've tried this a few times and I always miss out

As someone who eats a natural human diet, wings, onions, leaves, flowers, frozen berries, chops and ribs are your best bets. Mince is good as well but I avoid it- I like my meat with bones

I eat on $5-7 a day including shakes
Much cheaper than this Italian nonsense

WPC bought in bulk
Kangaroo mince
Egg pasta, ~60g protein per packet!
Skim milk

Yea I used to eat a heap of Kanagroo aswell - price seems to have gone up though over the last 5 or years as its become more popular

Im trying to limit my calories and carba from now until end of feb 2014. Gona give a similar diet a try for a gew weeks soon

3 whole eggs omelette woth some randomvege - breaky and dinner
300g Chicken breast with 1 cup of broccoli - 2 meals
1 x pwo protein shake @ under 1500 calories

Screenshot_2013-11-12-20-37-39_zpsb5a69876.png

Hate kangaroo meat, tastes like crap, and there are thousands in my back yard, they look and breed like big rats, I hit at least one or two every month my my 4x4.

Worst ever was 4 in one day, did that twice, two in one day is common when driving at dusk, my neighbour goes kangaroo culling, they shoot about 100-200 in a couple of hours, till they run out of bullets (the farmer supplies them the bullets)

Can't see why anyone would pay for the crap, but thats just me.:confused:

Really mick?
I think it tastes fucking awesome personally!!
Especially when cooked right. Cant go wrong with the macro meats marinated stuff too.
Aussies should eat more of it imo. But thats another story.

Bullshit what they charge now though. Used to be 4 bucks a kilo because no one ever bought it haha. Now its closer to 3x that.

Sure it aint scotch fillet. Or lamb. But its number 3 atleast for me.

Tim.

Im trying to limit my calories and carba from now until end of feb 2014. Gona give a similar diet a try for a gew weeks soon

3 whole eggs omelette woth some randomvege - breaky and dinner
300g Chicken breast with 1 cup of broccoli - 2 meals
1 x pwo protein shake @ under 1500 calories

Screenshot_2013-11-12-20-37-39_zpsb5a69876.png

Jesus, that's tragically low in calories

I don't usually go that much higher on the protein, but the fat and carbs is so low. That's not even breakfast.

my TDEE is 2800 calories. I spent 4 weeks with a 20% deficit @ 2240 calories... Didnt get any weightloss, currently doing 1800 calories for the past 10 days.. Loooking to cut a lil more to 1500 cals and see how I go. As long as I can keep on benching 110kg/squat140kg/DL 220kg with this low calories, im not complaining!

Hate kangaroo meat, tastes like crap, and there are thousands in my back yard, they look and breed like big rats, I hit at least one or two every month my my 4x4.

Worst ever was 4 in one day, did that twice, two in one day is common when driving at dusk, my neighbour goes kangaroo culling, they shoot about 100-200 in a couple of hours, till they run out of bullets (the farmer supplies them the bullets)

Can't see why anyone would pay for the crap, but thats just me.:confused:

Da fuq? serious? I thought it was a national symbol that should be treasured.

Did not know they were a pest :confused:

.. Poor skippy..

Kangaroos are a pest. Drove out on one of my paddocks 2 days ago. In the middle of the day within 500m radius I had about 100 kangaroos. Then they all scatter and bust up all my fences.

Not keen on eating kangaroo anymore. Used to like it but now its more expensive that what I can get quality beef for and tastes no where near as good.

Last edited:
my TDEE is 2800 calories. I spent 4 weeks with a 20% deficit @ 2240 calories... Didnt get any weightloss, currently doing 1800 calories for the past 10 days.. Loooking to cut a lil more to 1500 cals and see how I go. As long as I can keep on benching 110kg/squat140kg/DL 220kg with this low calories, im not complaining!

I am guessing your increasing your cardio/training intensity etc before lowering calories? I.e when you werent droping weight at 2240 cals you increased you cardio etc and then still didnt drop weight so decrased cals again?