• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Mick's 2012 Body Transformation

Saturday 28th of April 2012:

WORKOUT B

One set of 25 reps of each exercise performed.

1) Leg Extensions - 27kg

2) Leg Curls - 27kg

3) Bench Press - 57.2kg

4) Bent Over Barbell Rows - 40kg

5) Arnold Press - 25lb (11.3kg) dumbbells

6) Barbell Curls - 23kg Ezy Curl Bar

7) Cable Tricep Push Down - 27kg

8) Leg Raises

Sunday 29th of April 2012

100 full push ups completed over as many sets as was required (did not count the times I stopped)

Monday 30h of April 2012

Reps going up by another 5:(:p

WORKOUT A

One set of 30 reps of each exercise performed.

1) Barbell Squat - 60.2kg

2) Flat Bench Flyers - 35lb (15.9kg) dumbbells

3) Dead Lifts - 72kg

4) Lat Pulldowns - 45kg

5) Military Press - 27kg

6) Alternate Dumbbell Curls - 30lb (13.6kg) dumbbells

7) Scull Crushers 40lb (18.2kg) dumbell

8) Ab Crunches

Followed by:

'Captains of Crush' hand gripper workout for grip strength and forearm definition:)

Yeah, thanks, aiming to be able to do 100 full push ups with no rest (used to be able to do it easily when I was younger training Thai Kick Boxing and other martial arts).

Also want to be able to do 10 full correct form wide grip chin ups and 50 body weight dips.

So going to start concentrating on these exercises on my 'rest' days.

I also want a bone crushing grip, so have started doing grip training, will outline my grip training here further shortly.

Hate chin ups with a passion, my body finds them hard to do, probably because I weigh a 110-115kg (have not weight myself in months so not 100% sure on my exact weight at the moment)

But will get there, losing a bit of weight and doing chins will help with that:)

Hate chin ups with a passion, my body finds them hard to do, probably because I weigh a 110-115kg (have not weight myself in months so not 100% sure on my exact weight at the moment)

But will get there, losing a bit of weight and doing chins will help with that:)

It certainly does help! lol I found that out for myself :D

Doing the negative movement is even harder and is what I imagine death might feel like? lol

.....what I imagine death might feel like? lol
Haha sounds like you love chins about as much as I do:p

Wednesday 2nd of May 2012:

warm up skipping for one song ('Bound for Glory' by Rose Tattoo:):p) on my ipod

WORKOUT B

1) Leg Extensions - 27kg

2) Leg Curls - 27kg

3) Bench Press - 57.2kg

4) Bent Over Barbell Rows - 40kg

5) Arnold Press - 25lb (11.3kg) dumbbells

6) Barbell Curls - 23kg Ezy Curl Bar

7) Cable Tricep Push Down - 27kg

8) Leg Raises

followed by grip training:

1) 'Captains of Crush' trainer and gripper 1 for starters

2) 25lb dumbbell finger extensions/curls (not sure what they are called??) 1 set of 20 reps

3) 25lb dumbbell end pinch grip hold till failure x2 each hand

Well 'love' is not the word I would choose :eek: lol

Nice workout Mick!

LOVE that you skipped to Bound for Glory! lol

That's awesome right there.:D

Yeah it's funny, I felt like Sylvester Stallone in Rocky shame I did not look as cut though:p

Thursday the 3rd of May 2012

Body Weight Dips:
15, 15, 15 = 45 reps

Full Push Ups:
40, 25, 15, 10, 10 = 100 reps

Done:)

Haha thanks, getting there:)

Friday 4th May 2012:

WORKOUT A

1) Barbell Squat - 60.2kg

2) Flat Bench Flyers - 35lb (15.9kg) dumbbells

3) Dead Lifts - 72kg

4) Lat Pulldowns - 45kg

5) Military Press - 27kg

6) Alternate Dumbbell Curls - 30lb (13.6kg) dumbbells

7) Scull Crushers 40lb (18.2kg) dumbell

8) Ab Crunches

Followed by:

Squats:
105.4kg x 6
123.4kg x 3
141.4kg x 1
154.8kg x 1 new PB by 4.4kg:):) Who says light high rep training does nothing to build strength??

Seated Calf Raises:
45.2kg x 20, 10 calfs are burning as I type this:D

Done on my new calf raise machine I picked up on eBay for $50 a couple of days ago...looks a bit rough, but works beautifully is solid as a rock and will clean up like new once I get around to doing it up.

IMG_1719.jpg

Great buy on the calf machine bro! I saw that as well, that was the one at bexley, how is it to use? Looks like a funky design

Will do Bella, might be a while though have a few other projects going as well as work, which is a great intrusion on life:p

Great to use, does not need much weight due to the leverage of the arm I think, it's the exact same design as the one at a gym I used to train at many years ago so I knew what it would be like.

For $50 I could not pass it up, if I find a better one it won't be hard to sell anyway, will hit it with the wire wheel one of these days and give it a fresh coat of paint:)

Sunday 6th of May 2012

Body Weight Dips:
15, 15, 10, 10 = 50

Full Push Ups:
40, 30, 20, 10, 10 = 100