• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best Weight gain ?

Tregs

Hi guys I'm looking for a weight gain protein. I have been taking musashi bulk mass gain but have been told it's not crap an to take something from bsn so I thought I'd ask you guys what would be the best one to take
Thanx Tregs

Bulk Powders

add in some dextrose with it post workouts

Last edited by a moderator:
Best weight gain is simply to eat a truckload of carbs - a bowl of pasta will cost what, 50cents to make at home? Protein shakes will have something like 40g of carbs added to them, and that's half what you'll get from a bowl of noodles or pasta. Best suggestion is to stick to your whey proteins, particularly concentrate, and look at your diet - don't rely too much on the supplements.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont want it to replace my meals just as an extra i would also like to know a good meal replacment protein as i struggle to eat when im on night shift and feel sick if i try to eat a meal but i do nibble on raw carrots raw cauliflower and nuts.

i dont want it to replace my meals just as an extra i would also like to know a good meal replacment protein as i struggle to eat when im on night shift and feel sick if i try to eat a meal but i do nibble on raw carrots raw cauliflower and nuts.

Id try out Biobulker from Bioflex mate - you have prob seen they are a site sponsor. I have used this product and loved it....what I did is have a serve with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and to increase cals even more have it with milk.

Tastes so goooood!!! Much better than musashi bulk!!! ;)

If you take it for the taste you're taking it for the wrong reason.
1. You're paying too much
2. It's has cheap fillers.
3. There are better alernatives.

Why is musashi bulk mass gain crap? Ive been taking it, i do it for the taste.

Iam with shrek here - yes taste should play some factor in picking a product but the breakdown of it should be the selling point.

Not sure if this was a typo?? lol

If you take it for the taste you're taking it for the wrong reason.
1. You're paying too much
2. It's has cheap fillers.
3. There are better alernatives.

My gym partner pays for the protein in payment for using my home gym. Not really he just brings the stuff over.

What alternatives would be better?

I don't replace a meal with a shake. I still have a meal, its something extra, which can't hurt for an ectomorph

Yeah i smash milk like crazy. Almost a litre a day. Which only has about 30g of protein.

1 serving of bulk is 30g. Im not being hard headed, but its its not bad or a waste of time/money for me to to take it right?

I just want to reach my potential.

Yeah i smash milk like crazy. Almost a litre a day. Which only has about 30g of protein.

1 serving of bulk is 30g. Im not being hard headed, but its its not bad or a waste of time/money for me to to take it right?

Mass gain powders are a waste of money.

Just have milk or milk with some whey powder added.

The old trick is if you cant put on weight have a gallon of full fat milk a day.

1 litre of milk a day isn't really much.

Sorry but almost 1 litre of milk a day is not "smashing it like crazy". You need to also take into account the calories that milk provides that you need to gain weight. At around $1 a litre it is hands down best bang for buck weight gainer.

Iam not a huge believer in drinking heaps of milk - I would much prefer to get cals from other places....but I used to drink 1L of milk before bed no worries...im sure if I wanted to I could drink a L with every meal lol.

1L of milk before bed = sleep for 3 hrs then toilet break... It's a nightmare.

I hear yah. Anything more than 400ml in one go ends up on the toilet in 10min. Rediculous.

If i drink more than a litre i will lose weight from all the sh!ttin (sorry for the crudeness)