• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best value supplements

jon1234

Hey guys, just wondering your thoughts on what supplements have provided the best value or 'bang for your buck'

creatine? Whey? Glutamine..

If you could only have one supplement what would it be?

If I could only get one sup, it would be vit c.
If we are talking about weight training though, fish oil get my vote!

Fish Oil.

Protein is easy to get through FOOD, 3g's of DHA, not so much. Funnily enough if you eat enough red meat, you can get a decent amount of Creatine too. Off the top of my head, about 1kg Beef = 4-5g Creatine.

Hey guys, just wondering your thoughts on what supplements have provided the best value or 'bang for your buck'

creatine? Whey? Glutamine..

If you could only have one supplement what would it be?

Best value? Creatine Mono.
If I could only have one? Creatine Nitrate.

I would rather pay for a good coach, best supplement you could ever have.

All my supps are health orientated: Fish oil, multi, b vits, probiotic and greens powder. Only supp for lifting is whey and that is just to keep my protein up because I am poor and can't afford that much meat.

Shrek without being a dick alan aragon has done a couple of works on aminos and can't find any advantage to them over a higher protein intake.

I use bulk brand supplements - I get unflavoured isolate from professionalwhey, but i'd easily get concentrate if i could stomach it. Apart from that I'm shopping around for a good mens multi and fish oil but you can bet your ass that will be whatever I find at woolworths.

I have a bag of creatine monohydrate also from professionalwhey but i'm hesitant to take it due to water retention...

Maybe so, but 10gms of aminos sipped during and after workouts is dirt cheap bought locally. I then eat 20-25 mins later. Aminos are free form so they are rapidly digested.

Last edited:
.I have a bag of creatine monohydrate also from professionalwhey but i'm hesitant to take it due to water retention...

Do you make money off how you look? Or just concerned the bitties will notice a slight film of subcutaneous water out at the clubs with your clothes on and not let you bang them silly? I am being serious for once Oli.

Unless you go to a chinese buffet and load up on sodium, carbs and a side order of msg, I see no problem. I found you get a "softer" look from Glycerine more than Creatine.

Shrek without being a dick alan aragon has done a couple of works on aminos and can't find any advantage to them over a higher protein intake.

I use bulk brand supplements - I get unflavoured isolate from professionalwhey, but i'd easily get concentrate if i could stomach it. Apart from that I'm shopping around for a good mens multi and fish oil but you can bet your ass that will be whatever I find at woolworths.

I have a bag of creatine monohydrate also from professionalwhey but i'm hesitant to take it due to water retention...

Alan Aragon = Gaspari nut hugger

Considering he cuts down every supplement that isnt protein powder, fish oil, a supermarket multi and creatine I'd have ot disagree but w/e floats your boat mate.

Considering he cuts down every supplement that isnt protein powder, fish oil, a supermarket multi and creatine I'd have ot disagree but w/e floats your boat mate.

Don't get upset, I'm just saying thats all... it'll be okay...

Its quite evident actually.

BB + Gaspari = $$$$

When Gaspari gets flamed... mods step in and delete threads, favourable treatment is shown by certain reps more than others.

Hang on a tick. So bb.com is big on gaspari and so as a mod on bb.com aragon is supporting them? Not mad just curious.