• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best supplements for muscle gain?

they taste like a cock lollypop.

:-S

You can make protein bars relatively easily, although I haven't bothered. I'm lazy, so I just bring my shaker to Uni/work and add some water. Unflavoured WPI with water, so boring but it is only 500 kJ and pure protein.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8OcfjEHXX7w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8OcfjEHXX7w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

question: whats a good cheap(est) protein bar - that tastes reasonable?
can buy in bulk if nec.

I like vpx zero impact Chocolate peanut butter, $50 for a box of 12, quite expensive but they are awesome.

I wanted to try those oh yeah bars, but they are even more expensive, might buy a couple to try them.

whats the best supplements for fat loss considering:
im female
i've never tried ANY type before whether it be protein bars/shakes/powders or pills.
i dont drink coffee, tea or anything with sugar. green tea is acceptable.
something relatively cheap, that tastes good & will last long enough.
mm thats all for now (=

Hi Soofyn

You haven't really specified what you're eating right now, or what exercise you're doing, which is probably why you haven't had much response yet.

If you can get back to us by answering the above questions, someone might be able to help. Also knowing your current height/weight would be good too.

The thing is, protein shakes/powders/bars won't help you lose fat if your current exercise and eating plan is all wrong. That's why you might as well post about your current routine. For example, HIIT is great for fat loss - I'd be doing that before looking for a "fat burning" supplement!

Cheers :)

Hi Soofyn

You haven't really specified what you're eating right now, or what exercise you're doing, which is probably why you haven't had much response yet.

If you can get back to us by answering the above questions, someone might be able to help. Also knowing your current height/weight would be good too.

The thing is, protein shakes/powders/bars won't help you lose fat if your current exercise and eating plan is all wrong. That's why you might as well post about your current routine. For example, HIIT is great for fat loss - I'd be doing that before looking for a "fat burning" supplement!

Cheers :)

ok thanks for the reply i was getting upset lol
considering im new to the field
i eat almost everything, i dont have a diet for food. my exercise consists of:
monday upper body/ arms biceps tricep, shoulder ( i dont know the names of the exrcises)
tuesday rest
wednesday legs/calves
thursday rest
friday 60 min cycling
saturday mixed abs & upper body
sunday lower body

height- 172cm
weight- 67 kg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

If you want fat loss, diet is what is important for you. Though I don't think much of your workout routine either. You would want to do 3 days of lifting and probably 3 days of cardio type work to lose the fat.

I recommend Burpees, Tabata Thrusters, HIIT to get rid of the fat that you want gone.

Soofyn, supps don't do that much. It is more to do with the hard work that you put in. Unfortunately there are no supps that will magically make you lose weight or put on muscle. It is all hard work! Supps can assist, but the hard work part is MUCH more important.

If you want fat loss, diet is what is important for you. Though I don't think much of your workout routine either. You would want to do 3 days of lifting and probably 3 days of cardio type work to lose the fat.

I recommend Burpees, Tabata Thrusters, HIIT to get rid of the fat that you want gone.

Soofyn, supps don't do that much. It is more to do with the hard work that you put in. Unfortunately there are no supps that will magically make you lose weight or put on muscle. It is all hard work! Supps can assist, but the hard work part is MUCH more important.

You can but it isnt magic just science. tesotosterone king of hormones. More you have the less fat your body hold onto and the more muscle mass it hold naturally.

How do you increase it naturally?? See post above ...

ok Josh, can you recommend any diet & exercise regimes i can follow. i wouldnt have a clue as to what foods to eat & which workouts i should perform to give me maximum benefit.
n00b, i actually have less testosterone then the average female which makes things worse hehe

Soofyn, you should start your own thread. Maybe even start a training diary and we can assist from there.

I am not qualified to give advice, though there are alot of guys around here who can. I can still give some ideas and opinions though.