• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best Supplement? Want to GAIN SIZE.

Doggies.20

Hi Guys,

There has probably been a million threads about this exact same topic. But I have been reading and reading my head off and still dont know what to do.

Im 18 years old and weight 60kg. Pretty thin right?

Well I have been going to the gym for about a year and have gained 5kgs to get me to this 60kg mark. But I am yet to be satisfied. I have a goal of 70kgs.

My question is what supplement should I get? I have heard countless things about different types, different brands and so on. I just need to know what supplement and brand is best for an 18 year old looking to go from 60kg to 70kg in minimal amount of time possible. Thanks guys appreciate it.

Hi Guys,

There has probably been a million threads about this exact same topic. But I have been reading and reading my head off and still dont know what to do.

Well I have been going to the gym for about a year and have gained 5kgs to get me to this 60kg mark. But I am yet to be satisfied. I have a goal of 70kgs.

My question is what supplement should I get? I have heard countless things about different types, different brands and so on. I just need to know what supplement and brand is best for an 18 year old looking to go from 60kg to 70kg in minimal amount of time possible. Thanks guys appreciate it.

Whey, Carbs and Creatine - three essentials.

Hi Guys,

Doggies are back! I'm walking in Bankstown! (sorry had to do that) :)

In all seriousness, you need to figure out your calorie and macronutrient requirements. If you have not calculated them and have adjusted your diet accordingly you will not make any gains regardless of 'supplements' used.

With that said, to help you reach your protein needs a protein powder is useful to cut down on food costs and prep times. A carbohydrate powder is useful for meeting carbohydrate requirements. EFA's fish oils are useful to ensure you are consuming your required amounts. With that said whole food is and should be your FIRST PRIORITY. Supplements are just that, to SUPPLEMENT your diet and fill in the gaps to help you meet your requirements.

For sporting performance, Creatine and Beta Alanine are the only products that are functional. Caffeine and/or L-Tyrosine for mental function are all that are worth it.

Food is what you need, maybe some whey to get enough protein in.

But at 60kg my choice would be a Pizza and ice cream bulk. Lol.

that feel when you go to reply to a thread and maxbrenner already said everything

There's no other stronger mass gainer than food.

What sort of diet do you have? How much cardio do you do? What sort of resistance program do you do?

Last edited:
How much weight have you added to the bar over the past year of going to the gym???

A gain of 5kg would suggest not much.

There is a lot of good help here if you listen to what these guys tell you:)

Thanks for all your responses guys, Really appreciate it!

MaxBrenner LOL I wish they were back for starters!! And I do plan on changing my eating habits as of next Tuesday or Wednesday (Because I am fasting Ramadan and it ends then). I am picky on my food though so that wont help.

Big Mick - I have no specific numbers but I definetly lift a good amount heavier then when I started.

My problem is consistency. I am not consistent with my work out. I guess during that period where i gained 5kgs I was very consistent. But then I just stopped gaining weight, it became harder. Lost motivation. Stopped for a while, came back, stopped again.

Im really trying to change my diet as of next week. Also, knowing I am taking the right stuff will keep me motivated as well. So No Bull the way to go? Or any other suggestions?... WPI or WPC?.... so many questions lol.

There's no other stronger mass gainer than food.

What sort of diet do you have? How much cardio do you do? What sort of resistance program do you do?

Sorry double post but forgot to reply to Minchia, not much cardio..... and also thought I would mention it is not for performance or sporting purposes.... more for just feeling good about myself really.

Thanks for all your responses guys, Really appreciate it!

MaxBrenner LOL I wish they were back for starters!! And I do plan on changing my eating habits as of next Tuesday or Wednesday (Because I am fasting Ramadan and it ends then). I am picky on my food though so that wont help.

Big Mick - I have no specific numbers but I definetly lift a good amount heavier then when I started.

My problem is consistency. I am not consistent with my work out. I guess during that period where i gained 5kgs I was very consistent. But then I just stopped gaining weight, it became harder. Lost motivation. Stopped for a while, came back, stopped again.

Im really trying to change my diet as of next week. Also, knowing I am taking the right stuff will keep me motivated as well. So No Bull the way to go? Or any other suggestions?... WPI or WPC?.... so many questions lol.

Well Doggies, WPI, creatine and maybe a bit of carbs are the basics you need. Don't rely on anything more at this stage - it seems to me that your focus should be on consistent training and dieting well. Without those two essential elements, supplements will come to no benefit. Feel free to look around. I have no hesitation in encouraging you to compare prices - because I know ours are top value.

Ramadan will be a problem every year then.
I do my own 'Ramadan' style dieting, it is call IF :D....Fast for 16 hours EVERYDAY and fit in 3000 calories in 8 hours! No problem ;)

Good luck with it Doggies. Just do your best to get your calorie requirements in, what you can not do from whole food get the remaining from liquid. But as I've said before though, WHOLE FOODS are the number 1 priority then 'supplements' next.

Cost wise, WPC is the way to go. If you are lactose sensitive then go for WPI.

Ramadan will be a problem every year I admit, but religion comes first I guess. From now until next Ramadan I can work out a program to work around things. I am currently leaning towards No Bull supplements... Any body have experience with their products?

Max I see you've enjoyed a strong dose lean gains! Funny thing is, i've been doing this for years after experimenting on my own body. I found if I ate breakfast and more frequently (with the same meals/caloric intake over a 6 week period) I wasn't as lean as if i'd skipped a meal and waited 12-16 hrs for my next.

I suppose it's an individual thing, but after few days of pubmed and harassment of my ex metabolism professor - we found a science behind what I was experiencing. A mate of mine can't go 2 hrs without eating (extreme ecto) and at 3 hrs he becomes extremely irritated, nauseous and unbearable. :D So I also think body type can play a role. When he was in hospital for 5 days, he lost quite a bit of mass on 3 meals a day. I didn't believe it until I witnessed how withered he was.

That's heading off topic. :cool:

Sorry double post but forgot to reply to Minchia, not much cardio..... and also thought I would mention it is not for performance or sporting purposes.... more for just feeling good about myself really.

That's OK, believe it or not - there are more people that train to feel and look better about themselves (mentally/aesthetically) than that of performance. Nothing wrong with it at all. Improving ones self esteem will help you with many facets of life (not just for the ladies ;)). Your drive, your ability to succeed and belief in yourself.

OK guys after looking on the No Bull site I found this to be very attractive:

No Bull Bodybuilders' Stack (two months supply): No Bull Supplements Australia - Australia's fastest growing supplier of nutritional supplements

I am a bit concerned about nutritional info though. For example, are there enough carbs provided per serving to assist me with weight gain? 2 month supply at that price is very appealing to me, however dont want something that wont work.

Doggies, carbs are cheap and easy to obtain particularly from a diet where you're averaging 6 meals a day. I'm also happy to throw in 2kg of Maltodextrin free, which is the most popular carb supplement sold - quote AusBB in your order and I'll pass the message onto Mike who runs our orders :) Add 1-2 scoops of Maltodextrin to your 40g of WPI/WPC.

Maltodextrin: No Bull Supplements Australia - Australia's fastest growing supplier of nutritional supplements

Max I see you've enjoyed a strong dose lean gains! Funny thing is, i've been doing this for years after experimenting on my own body. I found if I ate breakfast and more frequently (with the same meals/caloric intake over a 6 week period) I wasn't as lean as if i'd skipped a meal and waited 12-16 hrs for my next.

I suppose it's an individual thing, but after few days of pubmed and harassment of my ex metabolism professor - we found a science behind what I was experiencing. A mate of mine can't go 2 hrs without eating (extreme ecto) and at 3 hrs he becomes extremely irritated, nauseous and unbearable. :D So I also think body type can play a role. When he was in hospital for 5 days, he lost quite a bit of mass on 3 meals a day. I didn't believe it until I witnessed how withered he was.
I will admit, it certain is not something you 'jump' straight into due to the Ghrelin. Ghrelin release which is programmed to increase at 'typical' feeding times. So I can understand it driving people crazy at first but Ghrelin can be readjusted overtime and response times can change.

I started by just moving me normal feeding time back one hour at a time each week. And I was like your friend, hungry every 2 hours etc!

All good buddy :)