• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best power rack? OPINIONS PLEASE

if i get the iron edge and can't actually get it into the garage to assemble it... i might have bigger problems :) (it's 2.45 high, and i'm planning on 15mm rubber on the floor as well......, and the uprights need to be lifted higher to slot down into the base...)

it's not any fear of the rack not taking the weight, i have no illusions about my max lifts taxing any semi-decent rack, I'd probably cope with a basic model, but it's about it 'feeling' solid and commercial.

interesting thats a form check, my old 2/3rds of the way to parallel semi-squats that i thought were squats made it to 180kg, i haven't been to the gym a lot for a while (why i'm getting a rack), went tonight and pushed to go really deep and 80kg felt pretty heavy :)

Hmmm...Lee Priest's dip tip in that vid is most interesting....gonna try it with the feet forward.

Powertec
looks solid enough but its basic and not very tall.
OMG the welding on the hooks I SAW was the worst welding i have ever seen and i didnt buy it for that purpose. my son is using it and he is lifting some decent weights. i wouldnt /couldnt trust the hooks from giving way with that welding. It might have been just a one off though...but bloody hell it was rough.

I want to do jerk recoveries so need to hold the weighted barbell at 180cm to 190cm tall. This excludes most of the racks in the Aus market.

Am currently inquiring re the force usa commercial power tack which looks tall & solid & is heavy. Does anyone know if i can inspect one off these in the sydney area??

I want to buy the best as i went out and bought on price and now have to replace items. so am prepared to pay the extra.

cheers

Powertec
OMG the welding on the hooks I SAW was the worst welding i have ever seen and i didnt buy it for that purpose. my son is using it and he is lifting some decent weights. i wouldnt /couldnt trust the hooks from giving way with that welding. It might have been just a one off though...but bloody hell it was rough.

I want to do jerk recoveries so need to hold the weighted barbell at 180cm to 190cm tall. This excludes most of the racks in the Aus market.

Am currently inquiring re the force usa commercial power tack which looks tall & solid & is heavy. Does anyone know if i can inspect one off these in the sydney area??

I want to buy the best as i went out and bought on price and now have to replace items. so am prepared to pay the extra.

cheers

Muscle Motion commercial rack is thicker metal and stronger than the force one. It weighs 200kg.

any engineering shop would be able to modify any rack to make it taller. (lots of welding from certain countries often seem rather haphazard :D )
racks seem to have 2m uprights... maybe because steel comes in 8m lengths?

Powertec

cheers

You can always get an open top rack, there are a few good ones around.

You can always get an open top rack, there are a few good ones around.

The muscle motion open top rack is a beast!

If I had the space when I was shopping around I would have got it for sure.

binaryimage.asp

I havent seen that Muscle Motion Commercial Rack before!! Must say very very impressed.

Its exactly what I am looking for with maybe the exception of the height the barbells can be suspended from.

Everything else is perfect. Looks to be well made (not sheet metal at a gauge which might do the job) and over engineered which is what I want.

the open one looks pretty good too but i need the full length safeties to suspend a weighted bar high and get into jerk position under it (jerk recoveries).

does anyone know what the height to the top of the safety at the tallest setting.

I am ringing up and seeing if gym direct have any on display at caringbah.

cheers

This one, commercial Body Solid model.
Deadlifting in the back section is convenient, but can deadlift in the main section too.

body_solid_smr1000_multi_squat_rack_b.jpg

edit - actually, you have to deadlift in the beck section as the band pegs would interfere in the main section.
Back is more convenient as that's where the plates are stored for easy loading.