• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

bench programming

Show me a video of a dude missing a raw bench at lockout lol - maybe there are a few (I've honestly never seen it) but it is very rare. As you said it always seems to be about midway which leads me to think that increasing strength from the bottom would be best for a raw bencher (IE pause your reps). I see a lot of videos on youtube of people doing half reps on bench, not locking the weight out
By any stretch, I doubt training lockout like a motherfucker would give you a better lockout. You will always fail at the same spot, every time. I used to be all for weak point strengthening but these days I think you just need to focus on getting stronger. I think CGBP works so well because of it's greater range of motion and because it is better at strengthening the triceps. This is different in my mind than strengthening lockout (I really doubt CGBP even strengthens lockout), you're just getting stronger

Show me a video of a dude missing a raw bench at lockout lol - maybe there are a few (I've honestly never seen it) but it is very rare. As you said it always seems to be about midway which leads me to think that increasing strength from the bottom would be best for a raw bencher (IE pause your reps). I see a lot of videos on youtube of people doing half reps on bench, not locking the weight out
By any stretch, I doubt training lockout like a motherfucker would give you a better lockout. You will always fail at the same spot, every time. I used to be all for weak point strengthening but these days I think you just need to focus on getting stronger. I think CGBP works so well because of it's greater range of motion and because it is better at strengthening the triceps. This is different in my mind than strengthening lockout (I really doubt CGBP even strengthens lockout), you're just getting stronger
his 3rd attempt
[YOUTUBE]GV7bLf9F3z4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I think CGBP works so well because of it's greater range of motion and because it is better at strengthening the triceps. This is different in my mind than strengthening lockout

seriously-meme.jpg

last time i checked lockout strength is all tricep strength...

Last edited:
How are you going with that, are you spending more time in the crapper?

Less actually, oddly enough

his 3rd attempt
[YOUTUBE]GV7bLf9F3z4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

seriously-meme.jpg

last time i checked lockout strength is all tricep strength...

That was nowhere near lockout, Look at his starting position for reference. His left elbow doesn't even go past a right angle

Less actually, oddly enough

That was nowhere near lockout, Look at his starting position for reference
do you think lockout is the top 2 inches of the lift? lol

id say lockout is anything past the top few inches off your chest... where you need all your tricep strength or you fail...

0ni, seriously, if you can't bench then stop trying to give advice and talking down the advice of elite benchers.

And that was lockout, his chest did the work to start the motion but his tris failed to take over.

0ni, seriously, if you can't bench then stop trying to give advice and talking down the advice of elite benchers.

What I'm saying is true though
Raw lifters don't miss at lockout, it just doesn't happen. Same for speed bench - fucking stupid for a raw lifter
If you don't agree then fine, but there is a reason why 99% of strong raw benchers do a load of lower end work and prefer reps over speed work

He failed it before he made it to midway as far as i can see. Which i think is a pretty common spot for raw lifters to fail. I still wouldn't call that lockout.

And that was lockout, his chest did the work to start the motion but his tris failed to take over.
thank you!

lol someone with some sense

The only thing that has ever worked for me regarding bench is frequency, consistency and weight gain

I will however repeat this, despite it being something that 0ni is parroting rather than talking from experience.

To bench you need lots of bench, especially at the beginner intermediate stage. You don't have weakpoints when you are weak, you are the weakpoint.

I will however repeat this, despite it being something that 0ni is parroting rather than talking from experience.

To bench you need lots of bench, especially at the beginner intermediate stage. You don't have weakpoints when you are weak, you are the weakpoint.

That is what I said in a later post. I literally said getting stronger everywhere is the best way

He failed it before he made it to midway as far as i can see. Which i think is a pretty common spot for raw lifters to fail. I still wouldn't call that lockout.
did you watch the whole lift or?

if you dont think thats a lockout problem..... lol

put your mouse on his stating position, then watch where he fails, sure she moves a bit, but not enough to change the angle.

did you watch the whole lift or?

if you dont think thats a lockout problem..... lol

put your mouse on his stating position, then watch where he fails, sure she moves a bit, but not enough to change the angle.

From what I can tell, he just didn't have enough speed to go through his sticking point
This isn't a weakness of the triceps or a shitty lockout, it's just not being strong enough to make the lift

id say weak points are mainly a technique issue for beginners

but cgbp will make you stronger, couple that with normal benching with high volume and that should help your bench, helping you hone in on technique, adding mass, getting stronger in general.