• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bench Press: Avoiding Shoulder Injuries

coz they are bent over rows....who cares what you can bent over row......if you find that more impressive than bench then you need your head checked lol

Ive seen dudes bent over row 120, 140, 160kgs and not even taken much notice...I myself bent over row 140kgs for 5-6 reps but who cares lol

If you cant bench then just admit it and move on - dont bag it - ay Im a shit deadlifter but I still do it and I dont talk crap about the movement.

coz they are bent over rows....who cares what you can bent over row......if you find that more impressive than bench then you need your head checked lol

Ive seen dudes bent over row 120, 140, 160kgs and not even taken much notice...I myself bent over row 140kgs for 5-6 reps but who cares lol

If you cant bench then just admit it and move on - dont bag it - ay Im a shit deadlifter but I still do it and I dont talk crap about the movement.

Why do you need your head checked if you think the bar bell row is "more impressive" than bench?

This is going nowhere.

The bench press is a competition lift as well as an exercise.

The bent row is purely an exercise, albeit a better one than the bench press.

The bench press, rightly or wrongly, will always remain the most popular exercise in the gym.

The bent row will remain popular only with those that care about the most important muscle groups

Most people judge a lifter by bicep size, I judge by back development.

Most recreational lifters in gyms have backs like ironing boards

Why do you need your head checked if you think the bar bell row is "more impressive" than bench?

I like both myself. But I do find people doing heavy barbell row very impressive. I've noticed in peoples logs on here that there are not many who can do heavy (comparatively speaking) rows compared to their bench.

For the strong guys out there what is the usual ratio of bench to row ?

This is going nowhere.

The bench press is a competition lift as well as an exercise.

The bent row is purely an exercise, albeit a better one than the bench press.

The bench press, rightly or wrongly, will always remain the most popular exercise in the gym.

The bent row will remain popular only with those that care about the most important muscle groups

Most people judge a lifter by bicep size, I judge by back development.

Most recreational lifters in gyms have backs like ironing boards

Pure profundity.

I like both myself. But I do find people doing heavy barbell row very impressive. I've noticed in peoples logs on here that there are not many who can do heavy (comparatively speaking) rows compared to their bench.

For the strong guys out there what is the usual ratio of bench to row ?

Should be the same

Damn you and your big words... I had to look that up :p

That's what I will aim for then :) You don't see many on hear that can do that though.

Hey, you're a collingwood supporter :)

I'm just old is all, I heard David Crosby of CSN and Young, say that in concert when I was a kid, I also had to look it up.

I find bench more impressive than bent over rows.. Anyone can row heavy using bad form, whereas if you load up too much on the bench bring it down to your chest your not going to get it up.

ill have to try these barbell bent row thingies one day

only time i actually got sore lats the following day was when i did 22 sets of chinups

Ps leg drive or strict form?

Out of curiosity...

Are you talking bench or barbell row?

If bench then yes of course you drive through your legs....

If bent over row - not even sure how you could drive with your legs with this exercise lol....

What would be the best exercise to build the chest? Is BP the most superior or are there other good ones that won't rape my shoulders?