• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bench Dips

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Anyone do these for triceps?
Did them today for the first time in a while. I like them.
Might keep them in my routine for a while and stick to regular dips for chest.

Pummmmmmmmmmpppppppppppps!! :D

Haven't done them for ages, usually only do them as a superset exercise or I have to stack up heaps of plates on my cawk to get them working.
I rate bw skulls off the back on an incline bench or the bar in a smith

Body-Weight-Skull-Crusher-The-Optimal-You.jpg

YouTube vid would be better if I could be bothered

I reckon bench dips are ok, you can move quite slow and spend more time under tension, compared to the bar dip.

yeah i do them, usually at the end of a workout of either shoulders or chest, also do higher reps, between 15 and 20

I usually do them during Body Pump. I have 10kg on my lap and I can only get 15-20 reps. They're good for pre fatiguing the triceps or to finish them off at the end of a workout. Having your fingers forward instead of on a bar like with dips hits the triceps harder.

Last edited:
Never really felt much from them.
I've been really liking band pushdowns recently. I do 2x10 holding the band so my knuckles are facing up then 2x10 with a hammer grip. 2 second pause at the end of each rep

I think that you would like them for pushdowns
The pump is incredible and the curve of resistance is perfect

The path of resistance is straight, and the strength curve isn't all that good and using them with progression is limited.

markos bought a tricep extension machine where the arm is placed high and where the resistance is rotational and automatically variable, it's a tough machine and a lot more efficiant then bands.

its good you holding a pause, means you've got control of it and moving at a good pace.

The path of resistance is straight, and the strength curve isn't all that good and using them with progression is limited.

markos bought a tricep extension machine where the arm is placed high and where the resistance is rotational and automatically variable, it's a tough machine and a lot more efficiant then bands.

its good you holding a pause, means you've got control of it and moving at a good pace.

If you need to progress then you just hold it slightly higher up or use a stronger band
Not all of us have fancy nautilus machines- I'm sure that one is great

Standard dips for the win. Position body more upright for greater tricep focus, or have the legs slightly out in front as if doing a leg raise and then try dipping like that. Fully pumped bro.

If you need to progress then you just hold it slightly higher up or use a stronger band
Not all of us have fancy nautilus machines- I'm sure that one is great

Have you tried french presses?
the tricep crosses over the shoulder, placing the arm up over the head ensures you recieve an almost perfect contraction.