• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Belly got a bit fat lately, I want to lose it. Best Way??

How on earth can you possibly get fat eating too much protein? I mean, it's still calories, but protein is going to be (should be) the last thing you reduce if you need to lose weight. Unless you are talking about fatty cuts of meat, but then that's fat, not protein.

To sum it all up for the OP.

To loose your 'gut' reduce the amount of calories that you consume daily.

Do the opposite to that of irons last post so 'expend more energy than is consumed', this can be achieved by either some form of cardio "walking,running,cycling" or increase the intensity of your weight workouts.

Keep your protein intake high for muscle repair and eat clean and healthy.

Anything else?

How on earth can you possibly get fat eating too much protein? I mean, it's still calories, but protein is going to be (should be) the last thing you reduce if you need to lose weight. Unless you are talking about fatty cuts of meat, but then that's fat, not protein.
LOL, of course you can get fat eating too much protein...Strike me pink, that's basic stuff. A Iron said, eat too many cals regardless of where they come from you will get fat.

Last edited:
Well that would depend on how much I ate.

If I ate 10,000 calories worth of protein I bet I would get fat.

A Iron said, eat too many cals regardless of where they come from you will get fat.

...Did you just call me Sticky?! I look nothing like the Stick man!

I dare you to eat nothing but protein and see how fat you get.

Been there, done that. Try eating 500g+ of protein each day and get back to me with how shredded you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, no..

Yeah I did I was reading the other thread and had the Stickman in thoughts.. the one where he was wearing the retina burning attire..LOL

Well that would depend on how much I ate.

If I ate 10,000 calories worth of protein I bet I would get fat.

I'm saying you won't eat 10000 cal worth of protein. In fact, I'd be incredibly impressed if you could eat maintanance calories worth of protein.

If you eat lots of protein, it's going to reduce your overrall caloric intake (due to TEF and satiety) which will help you lose body fat. Lots of protein will help reduce any muscle loss during the process.

Dude, you keep using unkown quantities. Fuckoads, now Lots.

I'm not gonna continue suffice to say too much of anything will make you fat.

Watch your calories; but don't have too little
Stop carbs after lunch
Have protein with every meal
Do some form of daily cardio
Drink plenty of water
Lift 3-4 days a week

That's what I did to lose 63 kgs in 8 months.

This is one of these threads you come into and start typing and then go nah.

Adrian and Mitchy are spot-on the rest of you have got your heads up your arses in this matter.

Its only possible to "spot" reduce with drugs...

Exercise cant do it.

As stated its time to decrease total body fat for you..

Leg lifts, the plank, and the crunch.
to loss belly fat, a person has not only strengthened their abs by performing exercises,
but also follow a diet and workout routine that hilp him to have a low body fat and help to visible abdominal muscles.

For reduction of belly loose it must be thrust forward on core adaptation principles to know that hurtful effort each workout must co-habitat all dietary inroads.